Strawberry Crush

It was a whole two weeks before I saw Y/n again. I would have thought it was longer though, because every damn second I was thinking of her. Waking up? Y/n. Getting dressed? Y/n. Driving? Y/n. At work? Y/n. Practicing music? Y/n. Every thing was Y/n. Somehow, it took me that first week to admit that I really had it bad for that girl.

I had called her a few times since the day at Gerard's house, but we hadn't planned anything more yet. We were both busy all the time. But Y/n kept us both entertained with stories about the little girls that she nannied for.

Even when we were talking late at night, she always kept her tales lively. However, I could hear the tiredness slip through her voice every so often, and I would have to let her go so she could sleep. Often I wondered if she would go to sleep by herself if I never told her to, or if she would just keep going.

I figured it was time for us to meet again, so I called her up one morning and invited her over to hangout with me at my apartment in the evening. She agreed and now I had a more important task: cleaning.

Being your typical single twentysomething man, I had a bad habit of letting my personal space go into disarray until I absolutely had to clean it up. So I spent the next few hours doing miscellaneous chores. Washing dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, etcetera.

I thought I was done, but soon realized that I had a large pile of clothes that needed to be washed, so I made the trip to the laundromat down the street to clean them.

I was finally done cleaning (to the best of my ability, that is) my apartment at about 4:30, which was thirty minutes before Y/n was supposed to arrive.

Those last thirty minutes went by agonizingly slow, with me trying to pass the time anyway I could figure out. Eventually, I decided on practicing a few guitar riffs. There were a few I had a tough time with, so a little extra time would do me good.

Practice proved to be a good decision, and time flew by quickly after that. There was a knock on my door at exactly 5 o'clock, signaling me to retire my guitar for the time being and answer it.

I opened the door and saw Y/n, grinning excitedly. She looked so perfect. Her hair was styled beautifully, and she was wearing a cute yellow dress and a denim jacket. Her little purse was slung over her shoulder, and she had pushed her hair back on one side to reveal a small pair of earrings. She looked straight out of a dream. In fact, she looked so good I felt embarrassed about my own appearance. My own unruly hair was always sticking out.

Nevertheless, I let Y/n in. "Sorry if my place is messy," I apologized. "I cleaned a bunch before you got here, but there's probably some places I missed."

"No no, its fine!" Y/n turned around and gave a reassuring smile. "So...what do you want to do?"

Damn. I hadn't thought of that.

"Well, I kinda didn't think of that." Chuckling nervously, I scratched the back of my neck. "Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

"Okay!" Y/n replied, but didn't seem too invested in my words. She was busy observing my living room with wide, curious eyes. She turned back to me with an innocent expression. "What do you have?"

"Oh, they're all over on that shelf." I gestured to a mounted shelf on the opposite wall. "You can look through them if you want. Do you want popcorn or something?"

She nodded enthusiastically. "Cool! And yes, I would like popcorn."

"Alright, cool." I smiled and walked into the kitchen.

Y/N'S POV

Here I am, standing in Ray's living room, trying to pick out a movie. He has a wide assortment of VHS tapes with everything from gritty action flicks to Disney animations. Nothing seemed to appeal to me until one specific movie caught my attention. Romeo+Juliet. I'd always loved Shakespeare, and more specifically this movie. It wasn't even Leonardo DiCaprio, it was the editing and humor of it all.

RAY'S POV

When I returned to the living room with popcorn, I found Y/n clutching the one movie I was embarrassed to own: Romeo+Juliet. Giving me a pleading pout, she looked up at me. "Can we watch this one please? It's one of my favorite movies, and I just love it so much."

I sighed deeply and stared, alternating my eyes back and forth from Y/n to the movie in her hands. Slowly, Y/n morphed her pout into a sugary-sweet smile and widened her eyes delicately. It was difficult to deny my guest the thing she wanted. "Ugh, fine."

Y/n squealed happily and flounced around me while I put the movie in the VHS player. "Wait, do you have blankets?" She asked, still wobbling around.

"Yeah, they're in my room. I'll show you." I got up before hitting play on the film so I could take Y/n to my bedroom. She followed eagerly, and when I pointed to the shelf that held my blankets, she tried to take one from the top, but her short stature caused the rest to fall on top of her.

I almost doubled over laughing, but Y/n stood horrified at the mess she'd created. Her face was turning red and she scrambled to fold the blankets up again. "I-I'm sorry, Ray. I didn't mean to."

I calmed down from laughter and knelt down to help Y/n. "Its okay. Don't  worry 'bout it. In fact, let's just take all of these out to the living room." I pulled her up and we went to the living room  and spread the blankets all over the floor.

We watched the movie in darkness, laying on and under covers upon covers, the bowl of popcorn between us. She had a smile on most of the movie, just having it exist seemed to bring her joy. She did keep shushing me though, especially if she thought I was chewing too loud. She would wave her hand in front of my face while her eyes were still glued to the screen.

"Stop!" Laughing, I grabbed her hand and moved it away. Part of me was annoyed, but the other part was amused at Y/n's habit.

"Stop being so loud then!" She retorted. We smiled silently at eachother for a moment before turning our attentions back to the film.

We were silent for the next few minutes, and I wanted her attention back. ☆ So when Romeo and Juliet had their makeout scene in the pool, I clamped my hand over Y/n's eyes.

"Hey!" She shouted, trying to move my hand. "What the hell?"

"Sorry sweetie," I taunted, not letting my hand waver. "This scene is inappropriate for you. I can't let myself sleep knowing you've seen such debauchery."

Y/n tried to move her head, but wherever she moved, I moved my arms to follow. "Whatever!" She groaned. "I've seen this movie like a thousand times!"

"Then you're not missing anything." I reasoned, trying to get her more annoyed.

"Oh shut up!" Y/n eventually swatted my hands away, then pushed my shoulders a little bit.

"Oh you wanna play that way?" I asked in a low voice.

Her next sentence was sharp, and a mischievous smile creeped onto her face. "Bite me."

Hey beanie babies! Its Dizzy! I was trying to get this out a couple days ago, but school, you know? Also Happy 42nd birthday to Gerard! I'm super proud and happy for him. In other news, I started a public diary on my account. It just seemed like a cool idea; a way to get into the real life of an everyday person. Also might start a oneshot book soon. If there's anything you want to request already, tell me so I know where to start! Have a wonderful life until I update again!

XoXo
Dizzy S.