Lets Do It

I woke up to Ray's gentle humming while he stroked my hair. His hand was comforting and strong, practically petting my bedhead hair. "Good morning." I smiled and gazed at him through squinty eyes.

"Good morning lovely," He said, morning voice a little gravelly. "Sleep well?"

"Mm-hmm." I nodded and moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around him and resting my head on his chest. He held me snugly and hummed a little melody he was making up. "You're so warm, mon nounours...stay with me forever?"

I felt his chest move as if he was laughing silently. "Of course princess...forever and ever." He yawned and rubbed my back.

We held each other silently for a while, accompanied by the sounds of slow breathing and the rickety old air conditioner. This is what I wanted. To be in Ray's arms, safe and loved. I wanted to have this every morning. Waking up next to the one I love deeply and connect with him so deeply and intimately. A little overcome with this new love I was experiencing, I let a few tears slide down my cheeks and buried my face further in his arms.

Our bliss could not last forever like we wanted, and soon Ray was sitting up and stretching. I remained laying down, but reached out to him and placed my hand on his. "Where you going baby?" I yawned.

"I have to take care of some things." He interlaced our fingers and smiled at them. "I'll be gone for only a few hours. You can stay here if you want; I'll be back soon enough anyway and we can spend the day together."

"Okay," I agreed, smiling. Flopping over onto my back, I managed to pull myself into a sitting position, then crawled over to where Ray was and hugged him around the shoulders from behind. He kissed my arm and rubbed his eyes.

Ray got dressed while I sat on the bed, staring at nothing. I heard him singing one of his band's songs quietly to himself while he buttoned his shirt. He was completely dressed and I was still spacing out, sitting cross legged surrounded by blankets. Ray kissed the top of my head and stroked my hair a little more. "I have to go now, okay?"

I nodded and followed him to the front door. "I love you." I said, kissing him gently.

"Love you too, princess." He smiled down at me.

I was alone now. Alone in my boyfriend's apartment. Being there was a lot less fun without Ray. Nobody to talk to but myself, nothing to do. I wandered about for a bit, just singing bits of songs over and over. He had a calendar with important dates written all over it. Further examining it, I saw the current date and dropped my jaw. December twenty-fourth. Decembre vingt-quatre. "Fuck." I whispered.

I still did not have a gift for Ray.

RAY'S POV

"Do you think Y/n is gonna be excited?" Gerard asked me as we left the studio.

"I think so," I ventured. "She's always been super enthusiastic about the music and stuff. She really likes My Chem, you know."

"Really?" Gerard asked.

"Yeah, she wants to come see us perform, it's just she's usually pretty busy."

"Oh. Very cool." Gerard smiled. "We'll get her in the front at our next show then!"

"She'd like that." I opened my car door. The four of us had to go to the store for last-minute gift shopping, so we piled into my very small vehicle and headed off. I, like many, was broke all the time, and therefore had little money, for gifts, but I was determined to do something special for Y/n. Well, I had done something special, something very special, actually.

Any spare moment I got had been spent writing a song for Y/n. One of the only things I was good at, music was what was going to really cement my relationship with her. My only worry was what she would think of it. I showed it to the guys at a rehearsal once, and they had positive reactions, but then again, they were greasy males, so I wasn't sure how much to trust them. According to Frank, my song "swooned his pants off" so that was a good sign.