Scaring Grown People Cuz Why Not

"Follow me." Ray started walking out of the aisle, beckoning y/n along with him.

"Where are we going?" Y/n asked.

"We're gonna go to the toy section and find the loudest toys they have."

Just then an announcement came over the store intercom.

"Dear shoppers, please do not be alarmed by the loss of light. Our light circuit has gone out by accident and we are working hard to fix it. Until then, employees will be bringing out lights to place throughout the store. You will all be given a thirty percent discount for your troubles. Thank you."

Ray ignored this, so y/n did too. She kept bumping into things, causing them to slow down. After all, it wasnt y/n who was holding the light source, and her phone was at 30%.

"Y/n, are you ok?" Ray turned around after a particularly bad fall.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just hard to see." Y/n was sitting on the floor after having walked into a Cheez-it display.

"Here, then." Ray held out his hand to help her up, but then didn't let go. "Oh, and grab a box of Cheez-its."

"O-okay." Y/n complied, little shocked. She was glad Ray couldn't see that her face was heating up hotter than a stove.

The pair made it quickly to the toy aisles after that. Y/n grabbed a Dora the Explorer flashlight so she could finally see without help and the pair split up to find their prizes.

Ray's POV

Ray scanned the aisles trying to find the most obnoxious toy in existence. He noticed that his hand was cold. He looked down at it for a second before resuming his task.

Y/n is so pretty... and it felt nice to hold her hand. Her skin was soft. God Ray,  snap out of it! You've got a task at hand! Heh, at hand.

Ray found a gun where if you held the trigger down, it made gunshot noises. He also found a nerf gun out of its package and some spilled darts. He scooped the darts into his pockets and searched for another opened gun for y/n. Ray finally found one at the back of a shelf and went off to find y/n.

"Ray!" Y/n called him over to a giant basket filled with light-up bouncy balls. "We need ALL of them."

Y/n had a wide smile on her face. Ray laughed a little at this.

"Okay, then."

"Here." Y/n opened her bag and pushed it into Ray's chest. "Help me fill it up."

Y/n started filling the bag with as many of the objects that she could. Ray was a little shocked by her adventurous spirit, but started helping her anyway. After about 30 seconds, they had filled it to the top.

"Oh!" Ray remembered the nerf arsenal he had acquired. "I have stuff too."

Ray handed her a gun and a bunch of bullets.

"Nice!" Y/n looked up a with the most adorable smile. "Let's go then!"

"Alright."

Ray followed y/n all the way to the other side of the store where they located their first victim. A middle aged woman looking at dish towels. Y/n looked at Ray and whispered.

"You stay here. I'm going to the other side." She gestured wantonly as if they were on some sort if secret mission. "On three ok?"

"Ok." 

Y/n ran quietly to her post and motioned a countdown with her fingers.

1....2....3

The pair pelted the floor around the woman with the light up toys. She jumped and yelled, trying to avoid being hit. Y/n ran away, with Ray following closely behind. They caught their breath behind a nearby shelf, struggling to breathe through their laughter.

Ray and y/n continued this process for the next fifteen minutes until the lights got turned back on and there was nothing to do.

"Well," Ray said.

"Well?"

"That was fun."

"Haha, yeah." Ray looked at his hands, a little disappointed that their adventure had to end.

"What do we d-"

"OH I STILL NEED TO BUY THE DETERGENT!" Y/n cut Ray off and jumped up.

"Oh, well let's ditch this stuff before the employees figured out what we've been doing." Ray stood up and placed their guns on a random shelf.

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea." Y/n gained her composure again and emptied her bag onto the shelf, letting the balls roll around. "I'm not sure where I left the bottle, so I need your help again." She looked up and smiled.

Ray felt like he was melting inside whenever she smiled. He felt like he would do anything he asked her to do.

"Sure thing. Lead the way." Ray gestured outwards and followed her.

After paying for everything, Ray and y/n walked out of the store.

"Hey, do you need a ride?" Ray asked hopefully.

"Um, actually yes. I took a taxi here so I will always take a free ride." Y/n laughed a little.

"Cool. My car is this way."

Y/N's POV

Y/n watched as Ray's hair bounced up and down with every step. She'd always liked guys with curly hair, and he was no exception.

Where is this going to go? Are we going to be friends now?

Y/n snapped out of her thoughts when they reached Ray's car.

"Here, I'll get that for you." Ray opened the passenger door for her.

"Thank you sir." Y/n smiled and stepped into the vehicle.

Ray gently closed the door and got in on the driver side.

Yay second chapter!