Make Believe

Ray's POV

We all ended up hanging out at Gerard's house until pretty late in the night. At first we were just talking and playing random old board games that were on Gee's shelves, but eventually we got bored of that and just played video games. I felt bad because Y/n told me that she didn't like video games much, but preferred to just watch. It turned out to be a lot of fun, her just sitting with us and making jokes, occasionally throwing food or a pillow at one of us to make us screw up and lose.

At around midnight I decided that I should really go home. I had work the next day, and needed to be alert for that.

I was watching Mikey kick Franks ass at street fighter. "Hey Y/n, you need a ride home?"

No response.

I turned and saw Y/n sleeping on the carpet next to me, her face resting gently on her arms, and jacket laid over her torso like a blanket. She looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake her, but I knew she needed to go home.

"Y/n..." I said softly, rubbing her back slightly.

She stirred, shifting slightly and rubbing her eyes. "Oh...was I asleep?" Her face scrunched in confusion, and she looked up at me.

"Yep." Y/n rolled onto her back and stretched her arms above her, yawning. "Anyway, do you need me to give you a ride home?"

"Yes please..." She yawned again and sat up, then pulled her jacket back over her arms. "That would be wonderful."

"Okay then." I stood up, then offered my hand to help Y/n up too. She latched on and shakily pulled herself up. I led her sleepy self to the couch so she could get her bag. "Alright guys, we're gonna go now, see ya later."

"Bye man, see ya later." Frank turned to us, not caring about losing anymore. "See you later Y/n, it was cool meeting you."

This made Y/n smile, and she gave Frank a little fist bump. "It was cool meeting you too, Frankie." Her voice was quiet and slow, and she was wavering back and forth on her feet with half lidded eyes. She's so tired, I better get her home.

"Alright Y/n, I think we'd better go." She held onto my hand the whole time, using me as a guide. I led her up the stairs, and she sleepily waved goodbye to the boys before we disappeared from their view and quietly exited the house.

I helped her into my car and drove her home, every so often looking over to see Y/n nodding off. When I pulled into her driveway, she slowly opened her eyes and unbuckled herself, then turned to me. "Thank you." She murmured, a small smile resting on her face.

"Don't thank me yet, I'm still taking you to your door." I walked Y/n all the way to her front door, where she fumbled with her keys for a moment and unlocked it. However, she didn't open the door, instead she turned to me and wrapped her arms slowly around my torso, pressing her head into my chest. I held her tightly, not wanting to let go.

I could tell something was wrong with her, normal people didn't hug someone they met days ago like that. She needed protection it seemed like, but was I the right person to give her that?

After a solid two minutes of hugging, Y/n finally broke away and opened her door. She turned to me one last time and smiled. "Thank you Ray. I'll see you around."

"Yep. See you."

Y/N's POV

I woke up in my bed to the jarring sounds of my alarm. Only vague memories of how I ended up back home were swirling around in my mind.

I fell asleep at Gerard's house.

I woke up.

I was in Ray's car.

We were on my doorstep.

I woke up at home.

I couldn't remember anything other than that. I must have been really tired.

Beside that, I had school and work today, so it was time for me to get up and moving.

Slowly, I rolled out of bed and yanked on a fresh set of clothes. Just a sweatshirt and skirt will be fine today, there's nobody to impress. Barely any effort went into my appearance that day. I hastily brushed my hair, and didn't even bother with fresh makeup.

I was so apathetic to me and my surroundings that morning I didn't even notice anyone else in the house with me until I had sat down at the kitchen table with a bowl of oatmeal and a teasing voice interrupted me.

"Y/n...you naughty girl." I was jolted out of my haze by none other than CeCe. She was sitting in her usual chair, with her usual cup of morning tea, and of course, her usual smirk. "Sneaking in past midnight after being out with a boy." She clicked her tongue in feigned disapproval.

"Oh shut up." I groaned loudly, not in the mood for her annoying teasing. "We didn't do anything like that okay?"

"No?" She raised her eyebrows. "What did you do then?"

"We got coffee, then I went and watched his band practice, then we all hung out and I fell asleep, so he drove me home." I took a deep breath. "That's all."

"That's all?" CeCe looked shocked.

"That's all." I nodded.

"Boring."

I rolled my eyes at her comment and put my now empty bowl in the sink. The clock read 8:15, so if I hurried, I could get to class with an extra fifteen minutes. I stepped into some comfy shoes and grabbed my backpack, then walked out of the house.

My arrival at school was right on schedule. With exactly fifteen minutes to spare, I took a leisurely stroll to my first class of the day. I walked into the lecture hall and set my bag at a seat that was decently spaced from anyone else's and sat down to review my notes from the day before. Today was going to be easy.

After class, I stopped by the house for a few minutes to change my clothes so I could head to work.

I arrived to my nannying position on time, and was greeted happily by the two little girls who had absolutely stolen my heart, Maia and Julie. They were twins; they each had little blonde pigtails and wore cute little princess costumes at all times, always to mimic whoever their favorite Disney princess was at the time.

Lately, Maia loved Belle, and Julie loved Aurora, so they wore little yellow and pink gowns to portray their regal personas.

The girls gave me enthusiastic hugs and followed me all around the house while I notified their parents of my arrival. Then, they dragged me off to their playroom to help them play pretend.

Maia and Julie were surprisingly easy to handle that day. Hardly any fighting, only a few tears, and they both went down for naps with no arguing. I was now making them dinner, and the twin girls sat at the table, patiently coloring pictures of princesses. They sure do love princesses. I wish I was a Princess. Then I could- My thoughts were cut short by Julie's small voice.

"Y/n?" She looked innocently up at me, a pink crayon clutched in her fist.

"Yeah sweetiepie?" I plated up the chicken I prepared them and cut it into bite-sized pieces.

"Do you have a prince?"

Hey beanie babies! Lifes going well. I got two gerard way shirts at hot topic over the weekend so that's cool! Also I drew a little picture of Frankie!

 I got two gerard way shirts at hot topic over the weekend so that's cool! Also I drew a little picture of Frankie!