My Princess

(Okay so I hate putting author's notes at the beginning, but I call the above picture: "Ray whenever Frank does something extremely inappropriate."  Enjoy!)

CeCe and I hadn't spoken in three weeks. Not that I minded too much, it was just a little shocking that once it was clear I wouldn't take her bullshit, suddenly she had nothing to say to me. Funny how that happens.

Even though I was the one who invited Ray out, it didn't stop me from being nervous about seeing him that night. Apparently the butterflies in my stomach had evolved to have legs with superior running stamina, because they were currently doing Olympic sprints all around my insides.

Nevertheless, I managed to distract myself by obsessing over my appearance. Yay, unhealthy coping mechanisms! I wore a simple black dress, but made sure my makeup and hair were styled to absolute perfection. No hair would be out of place.

All I had left to do was sit and stress for thirty more minutes while I waited for Ray to pick me up. This is great.

RAY'S POV

"WHERE IN THE FUCK ARE MY FUCKING SHOES?" I screamed. They were gone. My singular pair of dress shoes were gone. Vanished. Taken away with the wings of time. And right before my date too! I didn't own a lot of things; I never have, so why my shoes were just missing was just beyond me.

I rushed into the living room and dropped to my knees, looking under the couch. I thought I might have seen something vaguely shoe-shaped when- CRUNCH!

"Oh hey, you looking for these?" Frank was standing in the doorway, eating out of a box of cereal. He gestured down to his- well, my shoes.

"Jesus Christ Frank!" I said startled. "How the hell did you get in here? And why are you wearing my shoes?"

"Oh, I had a key from this one time," He shoved another handful of cereal into his mouth. "And I needed to borrow the shoes once, and I figured you would probably need them tonight, so I stopped by, but then I didn't know if you were home, so I climbed on top of the f-"

"Alright, stop. Just give me the shoes please." I stood up and dusted myself off.

"Damn Ray, lookin' sharp tonight." Frank set the cereal down on the table. "If I was Y/n, I'd be begging for you to just slam me against the wall and fu-"

"Frank, the shoes?!" My voice cracked,getting high-pitched with embarrassment.

"Oh yeah, sorry." He handed me the shoes and I slid them on, sitting down to tie the the laces.

"Soo.."

"Yes?" I said, pushing past him to my keys.

"Are you gonna smash tonight?" Normally, I would be able to tolerate him, but the crunching of cereal made  Frank especially irritating.

"Frank, has it ever occurred to you," I turned to him. "That I'm in this for more than just a chance to fuck? That maybe I want a meaningful relationship with a wonderful person?"

Frank looked down at his feet, hands in pockets. "Guess you really like her, huh?"

"Yes," I said. "I do."

"Well, go get her then," He smiled. "Don't screw it up."

"I'll try not to." I slipped on my jacket and shoved my wallet into the pocket, along with my keys. I was halfway out the door when I turned one last time to Frank. "I don't care if you eat my food and stuff, just be gone before I get back."

Frank smirked. "Gotcha." He winked. I just rolled my eyes and shut the door behind me.

I checked myself one last time in the reflection of a window before knocking on Y/n's door. I stood there for a few seconds before the door opened.