Breathe

Sarah helps the reader through a panic attack

INFO
(y/n) - your name

You sit with your feet planted firmly on the tiled toilet floor.
You're gripping your head in your hands as you attempt to calm yourself down.

I can't breathe! I can't fucking breathe!

Every so often you take a hand away from supporting your head to fan yourself with it as unpredictable, hot flushes wash over you.

Why's it so hot? I'm so dizzy.

You throw a hand against the cold toilet cubicle walls, trying to remind yourself of where you are and bring your brain back into the moment.

You're okay. Try to breathe. You're okay.

You'd agreed to come to a press event with Sarah.
She'd asked you plenty of times in the past but you'd never felt confident enough to go to these things - too many new people to meet and too many photographs being taken.

You hadn't seen her in a couple of months and this event was going to be your only chance before she left for filming again, so you'd excepted her invite.

*******
Back in the main hall of the hotel, Sarah has noticed you're missing. She's been trying to excuse herself for 10 minutes now, slowly making her way through the large space.

She keeps getting stopped by people wanting to speak with her, but all she cares about right now is finding you.

She finally manages to reach the toilets.
You hear the door creak.

"(y/n)?"

Sarah's soft voice echoes slightly.
It's laced with worry.

You try to answer, but your breathing is too fast.
You clasp a hand to your chest as it tightens and you're scared to get up incase you faint.

In your head you're screaming for her.

Don't Leave, I'm in here!
Shit, what do I do?!

In desperation, you throw your hands against the cubicle, knocking against it again and again as loud as you can.

Sarah's head whips to the side and she runs down the long row of toilet doors following the sound.