Dr.Ellie Staple|♡| Session 3

This fictional x-reader is in no way intended to replace professional medical advice or medication.

__________INFO(y/n) - your name__________

__________
INFO
(y/n) - your name
__________

"Hello (y/n), how are you feeling about today's session?"

"Nervous, I'm not really sure what to expect."

"I understand, let me explain what we'll be working on.
Last week you shared with me the three things off your list which you wanted to work on the most, number one was going out by yourself in public-"

The nerves swirling round in your stomach must be showing on your face, Dr. Ellie places a hand over yours - which are fiddling with your jacket.

"-It's okay, I won't let anything bad happen to you.
It's important that you try, that's all I ask."

You nod as she continues.

"There's a diner down the road and round the corner, about 5 minutes away do you know it?"

"Yes."

"I want you to walk there by yourself, I'll be five minutes behind you.
Walk in and find a table and wait for me, okay?"

I can't.

You feel your breathing getting heavier as the panic starts to set in.

"I-"

"May I have your number?"

"What?"

"Pass me your phone."

You do as you're asked, watching as Dr.Ellie types into her phone before handing yours back.

"Right, as soon as you step out that door I'll call you.
I don't want you to talk, I just need you to answer.
I'll be there if you need me, right at the other end of the phone.
But do try to get there without talking to me okay?"

"And you'll be behind me?"

"I'll be five minutes behind you, yes."

"This is so stupid, why am I so scared to walk 5 minutes down the road by myself?"

"Fear doesn't have to stop you from doing something, it's how you work with that fear that's important.
We all get scared about many different things, you just have to show yourself that you can work through it. Maybe you won't always be able to get through it and that's okay too, but I know you can do this, are you ready?"