Chapter 4: Run from the Howling Wolves

Edmund walked through the icy gates of the White Witch's house, hugging himself to keep some warmth as he had left his coat back at the beavers hut. When the beavers were talking about Aslan being the real king, Edmund did not like the sound of it. The witch had promised him that he would be king as this Aslan fellow would get in the way of that. Ever since him and his siblings along the 'added bonus' as Edmund likes to call (y/n) stumbled into Narnia all he wanted to do was travel to palace without a second thought.

Edmund did think that the White Witch as they all refer her to wasn't evil in slightest, boy did that boy misjudge. All he could think about was those Turkish Delights she had made and how when he was made king he would the upper hand and be able to control who he wanted and when he wanted, it was easy to say that the boys greediness clouded his judgment. As Edmund walked the snowy grounds of a courtyard he jump at something that caught the corner of his eye, only when he looked up it was just a big giant statue of well a giant covered in ice and snow (or so he thought).

He continued to move forward as he feet crunched in the snow beneath him. As he moved across the yard he notice that it wasn't just one giant statue but there were about almost a hundred statues all frozen and iced of stone, animals of all kinds (big, small, two legged, four legged, horned, teeth and claws you name it), fauns and men who were part horse all carrying weapons in there hands or shields on there arms. 'Why would the queen what so many statutes' Edmund thought to himself as he weaved around every single one.

He stopped as he looked down to see that he had steeped on some wood, picking it up he looked and saw that he was right in front of a jaguar statue. Amazed how lifelike they were Edmund couldn't help but brush snow of the animal's nose, using the stick he carved the stick in the creaks of where the Jaguars mouth was scrunched up and opened baring it's large sharp teeth. Edmund smiled as he walked forward, steeping over a statue that laid on the ground only to be flipped and pinned to the ground by a wolf "be still, stranger, or you'll never move again" The wolf growled as he bared his teeth down at the boy "Who are you?"

"I'm Edmund! I met the Queen in the woods! She told me to come back here! I'm a Son of Adam!" the scared but stupid boy shouted in defense hoping that will save him from being eaten. "Hmm. My apologies, fortunate favorite of the queen. Or else, not so fortunate" They wolf replied while his low and rusky voice as he walked forward with Edmund behind him. "Right this way" The wolf directed as he took Edmund inside the castle and up the icy fleet of stairs and through a door that lead into the throne room as Edmund's footsteps echoed through the icy, quiet room "Wait here" the wolf commanded as he disappeared to go inform the queen.

Edmund looked at throne made of crystallized ice with the queens white fur coat spread on the top. Looking behind him Edmund made his way up the small steps and sat on the throne leaning back into the coat as he smiled at thought that he could get use to this, sitting high and mighty whilst he'd order people to do his bidding. He was enjoying the fantasy so much that he didn't notice the queen walk in "Like it?" the queen asked as she approached her throne startling Edmund from his thoughts "Uh...Yes, Your Majesty" he responded jumping off his queens throne.

"I thought you might" the queen simply said as she took her place on the throne with her little guard beside her "Tell me, Edmund. Are your sisters and that other girl deaf?" "No" "And your brother, is he...unintelligent?" "Well, I think so. But mum says..." "Then how dare you come alone?!" the queen yelled at Edmund as she stood up and Edmund stepped back "I tried!" "Edmund, I asked so little of you" "They don't listen to me!" each time the queen moved forward Edmund took every step back until he had reached the bottom of the floor "You couldn't even do that" the queen said not listening to Edmund as he tried to defend himself.