Chapter 8: Narnia: Prince Caspian

*****Centuries have passed*****

Darkness filled the night sky as a dark moon pasted over it's light

Darkness filled the night sky as a dark moon pasted over it's light. The only noise that covered the silence of the dark night was a scream of pain that ran through out the castle as a mother laid in her chambers about to give birth. The nurse maid attended to the screaming woman wiping her forehead as beads of sweat glistened her skin, holding her hand and she pushed and pushed until that beautiful sound, all mothers love to hear...the first cries of a baby born. The mother hugged her newborn filled with happiness as she cradled the crying child her loving arms.

Footsteps echoed through the hallway as a man dressed in black armor entered the room and stood before he's lord. "Lord Miraz?" he spoke in a heavy voice "You have a son" the lord sighed "The heavens have blessed us" as he continued to watch the night sky "You know your orders. General Glozelle" "Yes, my lord"

A old man with a long beard covered in a hood crept in the night as he made his way into the young princes chambers "Five more minutes" the prince spoke as he rolled his head on the pillow, knowing and trusting the man that loomed over him "You won't be watching the stars tonight, my prince" he warned "Come. We must hurry" the man pulled the prince from his bed "Professor, what's going on?" "Your aunt has given birth...to a son" hurrying themselves in a closet the prince watched in silence through the space of his door as General Glozelle along with a few men, surrounded the bed arrows raised high. They shot and they shot with a hawk crying overhead till drapes were in ruins...but no prince insight.

A girl in a black and gold hood awaited in the stables with a black and ginger horse at her side. The sound of door turned her attention as two figures came running her way "Professor, who is she?" the prince asked as he gazed upon the hooded girl "There's no time to explain. We have to get you out of here" the girl spoke climbing onto her ginger coloured horse "You must make for the woods" the old man explained throwing a clock over the prince mounted onto his horse.

"The woods?" "They won't follow you there. It has taken me many years to find this. Do not use it except at your greatest need" the kind man pulled out something wrapped in cloth and gave it to the dark haired prince "Will I ever see you again?" "I dearly hope so, my prince. There is so much I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change" he replied in a calm voice.

The prince looked up at the girl who stayed quiet during there exchange and back down to his adviser "You can trust her, my prince. She will protect you" "Don't worry, Doctor Cornelius. I'll take good care of him. I promise" the girl spoke strong yet gentle. Cornelius turned the girl and held her hand "I know you will. Thank you, my dear"  Voices are soon heard from a distance "Now, go. Quickly"

"Halt!" "Halt!" yelled the guards as the prince in the girl ran through the courtyard. Two men tried to block there path but the girl runs through knocking them over as the two cross the bridge. As they ride away from the castle they look up to see fireworks going off "A son! A son!" Someone announces "Lady Prunaprismia has this night given Lord Miraz a son!" "Come on, we have to go" the girl shouts as more soldiers chase after them.