Chapter 13: The Challenge and Single Combat

*A/N: With the cape of the armor please pretend that it is much shorter that goes into a V at the back. I know this edit is properly terrible but to help with what I'm meaning there are dark red lines indicating how short I want it to be*

Y/N

After we had finished the meeting downstairs we all went off to prepare as Peter, Edmund, Susan and I change into our armors, so we could commence the first part of the plan

After we had finished the meeting downstairs we all went off to prepare as Peter, Edmund, Susan and I change into our armors, so we could commence the first part of the plan. I had to say that the ones who made my new set of armor did a really good job, I loved it. Right now Greystorm, Edmund and I were walking across the battlefield, I looked up to see Miraz watching us through a telescope. When we arrived at there resting site in the woods, Edmund and I went inside where Miraz sat with many men around a table while Greystorm waited outside of the tent as Edmund began to read the challenge.

 "I, Peter, by the gift of Aslan, by election and by conquest, High King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel, and Emperor of the Lone Islands, in order to prevent the abominable effusion of blood, do here by challenge the usurper Miraz to single combat upon the field of battle. The fight shall be to the death. The reward shall be total surrender."

"Tell me, Prince Edmund— "King" Pardon me?" Miraz asked "It's King Edmund, actually. Just king though. Peter is the High King. I know, it's confusing" "Why would we risk such a proposal when our army could wipe you out by nightfall?" "Haven't you already underestimated our numbers? Only a week ago, Narnians were extinct" Miraz and his men all looked at me as I spoke "And just who might you be, to interrupt a talk between kings?" I stepped forward in line with Edmund "With permission I'm obligated to speak on behalf of my kings. But if you must know, I am Lady (Y/n), by the gift of Aslan, Knight of Cair Paravel, Second right of hand to the royals, Captain of the guards and by conquest and by election, the Savior of Narnia" as I announce myself by official title.

 The men around his table began to whisper as Miraz half smirked smile feel from his face as he shifted in his seat, he gulped softly, unnoticeable by others but as I trained myself over the years to spot little things about my enemies I was able to pick up on it I challenge him with my eyes as he stared back at me with, Surprise? Concern? who knows but I smirked to myself when we got the reaction we wanted.

"Impossible. The stories said you were dead, you died on the field of battle with a knife through your heart" "But I guess that's just what they all are and always will be...stories" "And so you will be again" "Then you should have little to fear" Edmund joins. Miraz laugh "This is not a question of bravery" "So you're bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?" I jump back in causing his laughing to drop as he pauses for a moment before he leans forward "I didn't say I refused" "You shall have our support, your majesty,whatever your decision" a knight men spoke.

 "Sire, our military advantage alone allows us the perfect excuse to avoid—" "Miraz stands up and draws his sword "I am not avoiding anything!" closely looking at the man and how slightly different he is dressed from the rest, my only guess is a member of a council "I am merely pointing out that my lord is well within his rights to refuse" "His majesty would never refuse. He relishes the chance to show his people the bravery of their new king" I recognized that men from the balcony the one who shot Tyrus down.