Chapter 10: Lost in the woods and Combat Questioning

Lucy

"

I don't remember this way at all" my oldest sister said as we traveled through the woods and  down on a rocky mountain passage  "That's the problem with girls. You can't carry a map in your heads"  My oldest brother shot us "That's because our heads have something in them" I fired back  "I wish he'd just listen to the DLF" "DLF?" Edmund questioned Susan "Dear Little Friend" I explained.

"Oh, that's not patronizing, is it?" Trumpkin spoke up "I'm not lost" Peter said stepping into a passage "No... you're just going the wrong way"  Spoke back in amusement  "You said you last saw Caspian and that girl at the Shuddering Wood, and the quickest way there is to cross at the river rush" "But, unless I'm mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts. "That explains it then. You're mistaken" Peter had an hardness in his voice, that I never heard before, my only guess is (Y/n)'s on his mind.

I  also had a feeling Peter was going t be so wrong about this "By the way, what did this girl look like?" Edmund asked "I don't know, it was dark and she had her hood up" DLF replied bluntly "So you noticed nothing about her, looks, features, marks...?" DLF  thought for a moment "Well, with the body structure you could tell she was a girl, height probably indicating no older than you two" he gestured at Peter and Susan "Oh, and she had (e/c) eyes, she did seem familiar but as I said, too dark for me to see" 

Wait a minute "Did you (e/c) eyes?" "Yes, that's what I said" "What about weapons. Did she have dagger on her, strapped to her thigh?" "I don't know, she had a cloak covering her" "A sword? You said she had a sword, right?" "Lucy, why all the questions?" Edmund asked but I ignored him "Now, her sword. That I could never forget" "What did it look like?" "It had a gold lion hilt like directionless boy over here" we chuckled as he gestured to Peter who just rolled his eyes "And her blade had a black design" "Rose designs?" "Yes" I smiled brightly.

 "Oh no, Lucy, don't tell me your thinking who I think you are" Susan warned "Think about it. (e/c) eyes-" "There are dozens of people with (e/c) eyes besides (Y/n)" Edmund cuts me off  "And how many swords that have a lion head with black rose designs embedded in their blades, it's (Y/n)'s sword" "Maybe someone took her sword and is using it" Peter chimed in "Ok, but no ones been to the ruin in years, so how would they know where our chests were kept? And why leave our weapons behind and just takes hers. Don't you see? It's-" "Lucy!" Susan yells and I stop my sentence as everyone stops in there tracks.

Regretting that she yelled she places her hands on my shoulders "Lucy, I know how much you want (Y/n), to be alive. We all do, she was family to us, we loved her. But...it's time to accept the fact...that she's just not here anymore" Susan's voice got softer and hugged me "Come on, let's go". We continue walking along until we come to a gorge looking  down at the rushing water below.

"Over hundreds of years, water eroded the earth's soil... "  "Oh, shut up" Peter said as Susan smirked "Is there a way down?" "Yeah, falling" "Well, we weren't lost" "There's a ford at Beruna. Any of you mind swimming?" "I rather that than walking" I continued to stay behind the group keeping quiet. Maybe Susan was right, maybe I just didn't want to let (Y/n) go.

But was it so wrong to hold a little hope? I reached into my pocket and gripped the mirror that I slipped from (Y/n)'s chest and looked over to the other side...no way...is that? "Aslan? ... It's Aslan! It's Aslan over there! Well,can't you see? He's right..." I turned back only to see him gone and my smile drops again "... there."