SEVEN: the party

Alyssa had come home after a long day at school. She walked down to the lab as usual when she was greeted by a man in all silver. Alyssa had immediately squealed and ran over to get a closer look.

"Oh my gosh, you finished it!" The girl squeaked.

"Yah, I did." Tony smiled.

"Test complete. Preparing to power down and begin diagnostics." Jarvis said through the comms in the suit.

"Yeah. Tell you what. Do a weather and ATC check." Tony said. The top part of the suit closed just revealing the silver face piece and glowing blue eyes.

"Tony, what are you doing-" The girl started. Her eyebrows furrowed and she gave the billionaire a questionable look.

"Start listening in on ground control." Tony said again moving around in the silver suit some more.

"Sir, there are still terabytes of calculations needed before an actual flight is..." Jarvis started again.

Alyssa's eyes widened at what Tony was proposing to do.

"Jarvis! Sometimes you got to run before you can walk." Tony said again.

"Are you sure that is a good-" Alyssa started.

"Ready? In three, two, one." Tony said and
proceeded to fly down the long ramp. He sped by in a large boom that echoed across the walls of the lab.

"-idea." Alyssa finished.

She exhaled and tapped her tiny foot in aggravation.

He's gonna get himself killed or me.

"Should I tell Pepper?" The girl whispered.
A few minutes later, Alyssa had popped a bag of popcorn and was seated on a stool across from the fancy cars.

She was reading a large book out loud to Butterfingers and Dum-E.

"-and that's how the Prince and Princess fell in-" Alyssa started.

She then shrieked when a large silver figure fell from the ceiling to the ground in a bang. The metal man groaned as the dust settled.
Alyssa began to giggle and wiped at the frightened tears that fell from her eyes.

"That was the best thing I've seen all day!" The girl laughed.

The man groaned once more and pushed himself up.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm peachy." The man murmured.

"Well, it's a good thing I wasn't playing the piano." The girl laughed.
***
A few minutes after the girl and Tony recovered, Alyssa finally registered what happened.

"How did it handle? What did it feel like? How high did you get up? Can I try it?" The girl asked spitting questions at the billionaire.

"Woah, woah...kid you're gonna give me an aneurysm. Slow down." Tony smiled.

"Okay, okay, I'm calm." The girl murmured.

"Yah, yah. Sure." Tony teased rolling his eyes.

"When can I ride it?" The girl asked.

"How 'bout never." Tony responded.

"Aww man, I thought you were supposed to be the fun parent. Like Pepper was the responsible one and you're the breakable one who gives into anything I want." Alyssa groaned.

"Hey, I'm not the weak one." Tony muttered.

"Yah, yah, sure." The girl smiled rolling her brown eyes.
***
"Notes. Main transducer feels sluggish at plus 40 altitude." Tony muttered. He was working on modifying the suit and Alyssa was eagerly watching.