EIGHTEEN: The Racing Disaster

"Tony and I... Tony... I love Tony Stark. Tony loves me. We're not competitors. Him being out of the picture created tremendous opportunities for Hammer Industries, you know? Everything that Tony and I do..." Hammer's voice rang out in the dining room.

It was a couple days after the whole entire panic attack fiasco and Tony said that he would take her, Pepper, and Happy sight seeing. The girl was ecstatic. The media had finally calmed down and all was well. Alyssa climbed down the steps and sat down at the table with Pepper. The girl sipped on her orange juice and nibbled on a piece of toast.

Her hands flapped excitingly as she blocked out the "Hammer noise" as she called it. That man is always so loud. Sometimes, he's as bad as Tony, and that's saying something. She sighed and looked up at the tv.

She regretted it instantly.

"Uh, Pepper?" She whispered.

"Well, what's the use of having..." Tony's voice came from the tv.

Oh, heck no.

"...and owning a race car...if you don't drive it?"

Alyssa's stomach jumped into her throat. She slammed down onto the table harder than expected and the silverware clattered.

"Is he driving?" Hammer asked.

He best not be.

"He's gonna kill himself." The girl muttered.

"Only if I don't kill him first." Pepper growled. The girl nodded in agreement and started to breathe heavy. Her vision tunneled and the voices considerably lessened.

Oh no, not now.

"Natalie. Natalie!" Pepper screeched.

"Yes, Ms Potts?" The red-haired woman ran in.

"What do you know about this?" Pepper screamed again.

"This is the first that I have known of it." Natalie responded slightly frightened of the ginger woman's reaction.

"This, this cannot happen." Pepper gritted.

"Absolutely. I understand. How can I help you?" Natalie asked again.

"Where's Happy?"

"He's waiting outside." Natalie responded.

"Okay, get him. I need Happy." Pepper gritted slightly hyperventilating.

"Right away." Natalie ran off while Alyssa did her best to comfort Pepper who was having an attack.

"It's okay. I'll be okay." Alyssa whispered tears coming to her eyes. She didn't actually believe it.

The duo watched in horror as the race started. Cars flew by on the track. Alyssa kept her eyes open for the blue car that she knew contained her father. Then, without any warning, a man climbed out of the pit onto the track. He spit out his candy stick and continued to slowly walk. His bright orange jumpsuit caught Alyssa's eye. Soon, two large whips ripped out of the man's hands. The back part of his jumper caught on fire and the girl gasped. The suit peeled away from his body like charred skin it revealed a bright white arc reactor in the center of his chest.

Oh, heck no.

"Tony!" Pepper whispered. Alyssa sniffed tears filling in her eyes. Her father was in danger.

"Is that?" Pepper started.

"An arc reactor? Yah." Alyssa murmured.

The creepy dude's whips began to spark as bolts of energy shot out of them. He waved them side to side for a second before colliding them into an oncoming car. That car severed in two. Gasps came from the audience and Alyssa grabbed on to Pepper.