TWENTY FOUR: Airplanes and Death Threats

"Are we almost there?" Alyssa asked as bright lights made their way through the inky blackness of the outside.

Air travel has always interested Alyssa. The fact that you can so easily fly in essentially a metal car with wings. The whole concept is enduring. One minute they could be flying effortlessly over the clouds and in the next, they could be only a large speck, forgotten forever. Should only one person have the power? Be able to chose who lives and dies. Flight, it's a weird concept. Humans shouldn't be able to do it.

Pepper nodded from her book and Alyssa moved around in her seat. She caught eye of Natasha and went to sit by her.

"Hi." She smiled.

The ginger woman gave her a small smile. She put her book down when Alyssa took a seat next to her.

"What's up Liz?" She asked.

"Oh nothing much. I'm excited for the expo. Not much the people, but the expo will be awesome."

"All of those inventions."

Natasha smiled before turning slightly serous.

"What happened at Monaco, with the paralysis, was that an anxiety attack?" She asked, her emerald eyes were full of worry.

Alyssa nodded slightly. She blinked a few times. She never likes talking about her mental health. It makes her feel week. It's not gonna get any better so why bother trying.

"What would you like me to do if you have one again?" The woman asked.

This question took Alyssa by surprise. Nobody had asked her before. The woman's green eyes met Alyssa's brown ones intent on getting an answer. The brunette shrugged.

"Come on. You've got to have at least one thing that comforts you."

"It's not your problem, so why are you trying to help me?" The girl asked.

"Because, your my friend." Natasha smiled.

"Really?" The girl beamed.

Natalie nodded.

"So.." the red haired woman asked.

"I uh, don't know. Just, keep me safe from myself and others. I don't think I'll hurt anyone else but me, I'm not so sure." Alyssa said.

"Have you ever gotten help?" The woman asked.

Alyssa shook her head. Natasha pouted a bit before gingerly picking up her book. Alyssa followed this action and proceeded to paw through a few magazines. Every now and then, Natasha would steal looks at the little girl.

Soon, the airplane was making a decend and Alyssa buckled in her seat belt. Pepper and Natasha fidgeted around her. The jet landed and Alyssa quickly unbuckled her seatbelt. She thought about Tony.

What was so important?

She wondered how he was and if he found what he was looking for. Alyssa worries about him. The door opens and Pepper is the first one off. Then came Natasha, Happy, and Alyssa.

They had made it to the hotel and the foursome bid each other farewell. Tomorrow would be crazy.

"Alright Liz, time for bed. It's gonna be a big day tomorrow." Pepper smiled.

Alyssa nodded and headed to her room for the night. Pepper and her share as two bedroom suite.

"Love you Pepper!" She called. The ginger woman was taken aback. Alyssa had just told her she loved her. What does that mean?

"Love you too!" was the only thing Pepper could say back. It was true.

Whips cracked against the cool white sidewalk. A young girl ran as fast as she could away from them. They flew like serpents pouncing on prey. Alyssa groaned in pain as one whip wrapped around her ankle sending shooting pains up her leg. She could let out only a shriek when Whiplash started to pull her closer. Nails tore at the ground until they were bruised and bloodied. A low cackle came from the Russian man.