NINE: Iron Monger

"Tony, Tony...guess what? I got an 100 on my math exam." Alyssa screamed as she ran down the stairs to the lab.

"Jeez Kid, quiet down a bit. You're hurting my ears." Tony sighed. He was looking up from fixing part of the suit.

"Are you proud of me now" The girl asked.

Are you proud of me now?

He was never good enough for Howard.

"Kid, I'm always proud of you." Tony smiled.

"Really, even if I get an F in English?" Alyssa teased.

"Ok, now your pushing it." Tony smiled.

Alyssa giggled and took a seat on the stool across from him.

"Can I name it?" The girl asked.

"He already has a name Mark 2." Tony teased.

"But that's not really a name. They're all named Mark." Alyssa teased.

"Then it should be easy to remember his name." Tony said.

"But it isn't a fun name." The girl sighed.

"Says you, I actually like Mark."

"Yah, uh huh...sure." The girl said.

She wasn't convinced.

The girl's hands tightened around the paper and she crinkled up the edges slightly.

"Can I make a paper airplane out of it?" The girl asked.

"You don't want to keep it?" Tony asked.

"Uh no, it isn't like it will be the only good score I'll get on a test. I'm brilliant, remember."

"Uh, yah. You've told me multiple times. You really shouldn't be so arrogant." Tony said as he turned to work more on the suit.

"Where do you think I get it from." Alyssa teased.

Tony looked up and couldn't help as a subtle smile crossed his face.
***
"Ms. Potts? We had an appointment.

Did you forget about our appointment?" Phil said as he got up from his chair.
"Nope, right now. Come with me." Pepper said as she walked down the stairs clutching a drive in her hand.

"Right now?" Phil asked.

"We're going to have it right now." Pepper said.

"Yeah, walk with me."

"Okay. How is Liz settling?" Phil asked as he sped up to catch up with Pepper as they walked.

"Yah, about that, I think she's in trouble. I'm going to give you the meeting of your life. Your office." Pepper said.
***
"Um, I'm not sure that's how you're supposed to cook it..." Alyssa said.

"You mean the noodles are not supposed to stick to the pan when you're cooking it?" Tony said.

"Why is this so confusing?"

"Maybe we should wait till Pepper comes home. Where is she anyway?" Alyssa asked.
Tony shrugged.

"That's a good question. She should have been here for a few hours by now." Tony said.

"You stink at this." Alyssa giggled.

She picked up a colored pencil and continued to color a picture. This time, it was a picture of her father's suit.

Tony playfully glared at the girl.

"Ok, dinner is served." Tony smiled as he placed a bowl of macaroni and cheese in front of the girl. She cringed at the sight. The food was burnt but Alyssa was just happy Tony was trying.