06

UNEDITED

"You've been making funny faces again" Pop's head peeked at my bedroom. His brows shot up at me as he pursed his lips together to hold the laughter.

I stick out my tongue at him and pickup my backpack.

"I'm done" I took my shoes from under the bed and heading to the front door.

Once I stepped out of house, I just stood there in the bitter cold as I waiting for Pop.

"I might be late today" Pop exclaimed whilst locked the door then put his hands on my shoulders. Red and plain long sleeves shirt with black pant are suitable for him. Pop looks young.

I hugged my backpack on my chest tightly as we were off.

"We haven't chance to talk about you new job" I stated with a slight pout. Pop was always told me his activities much earlier, though I couldn't do anything, it gives me satisfaction knowing how important I am to him.

Pop entwined his fingers with mine as we were arrived at the kerb then led me to cross the road even though no vehicle was visible at this time.

"Sorry buddy. They had contacted me just a few hours after I was interviewed. I guess a lot of thoughts have crossed my mind has made me forget to tell you" Pop sounds guilty and sincere.

"Forgiven" I murmur even though it sounds childish in my own ear.

Pop chackled then nudged me playfully.

Pop has succeeded in getting a job as a sales assistant in an old warehouse when he was looking for a job yesterday. I just found out today when Pop woke me up. He starts at 9am but since we haven't any vehicles yet and with Pop that who is insisted to sent me to school, he had to go out early. Pop did it with admirably and been nothing but perfect father as for me.

I felt a chill shiver ran down my back as the school building came into the view. As we walked in through the school gate, I noticed how strange the atmosphere was and even Pop's eyes wandered arround with a puzzled expression on his face when there are over a hundred heads are watching us closely.

"Looks like we have gotten a warm welcome" Joked pop as he look at me when we stopped near the stone bench that was available on the edge of the entrance.

I would have freak out with how much glances I have gotten from the students around me if Pop wasn't here with me.

I looked around me for a second then averted my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Asked Pop with concern was radiating on his face.

I gave Pop a halfhearted smile with a convincing nod. I tried to tell Pop what was bothering me but as if there is something stuck out of my throat, has barring me.

I feel a warm pat tickling my arm, the comforting gesture by Pop that helped my anxiety.

Pop know me so well.. he gave me an assured nod

In order to get my feeling in check, I shooing Pop away. Pop looks rather confused but complies to my request when his job is mentioned. Pop bid me good bye and I went to hugged him tight whist muttered under my breath of how much I love him. Pop kiss my forehead and whispered the same thing to me.

Once Pop walked out through the gate, I turned and kept my pace quick and low and started strolling through the hall to make my way to the locker area, ignored them all. My body began to itch with the staring I have gotten from them.

As I was about reach the locker a hand grabbing my arm, turning me around making a gasp emitted out of my mouth caused by the sudden action.

I stare up at the familiar blue eyes in front of me with rounded eyes. A pal from yesterday who had run his ass off, grinning sheepishly at me. I was about same height as him but he has gotten more advantages with slightly built body.