16

UNEDITED

As I slid into the backseat next to Xander, Brow who was sitting in the driver seat had threw a winked at me whilst he revved up the engine. I was feeling slightly weary because the lack of sleep, so I decided to ignore him. As we drove off I pressed my head against the window and let myself relaxedly enjoyed the scenery I passed by whilst focus on listening to the wind in my open window.

"I was waiting for you after school yesterday. Why didn't you show up?"

I instantly straighten up myself as my eyes traveled over to Xander. His voice was husky with grief as well as his facial expression. He sat there emotionless, staring intensely at me making a hard knot in the pit of my stomach. I'd hope he will stop looking at me like that. I realise he can be annoying person and I should have become angry with him for his persistence but for some reason I didn't.

But..uh-uh. I thought he had forgotten about that. "I realize" I finally said, hoping he would stop asking such questions. Thanks god he didn't but instead, his large body leaned over to nuzzled his nose to the crook of my neck as if he was taking in my scent before reposed his head on my shoulder whilst his arm was around me and his hand resting on my stomach firmly. I gulped as a chill shiver rippled through my body with his simply action.

I crane my head to the side and felt a hot prickle of embarrassment spread across my cheeks when I could see Brow took a couple of furtive glances through the view mirror at what we were doing then he grinned wickedly and hummed to himself.

"How dare you, little mouse" I frowned and look down when hear Xander's growled softly whilst muttered something under his breath and shivered when his tousled black hair has brushed and tickled my skin slightly. I scanned his current position. He wasn't lie down completely and with the size of his body I wondered if he ever felt comfortable because honestly, I don't think so. His legs were wide apart and his muscles bunched under his outfit uncomfortably but I won't say anything.

As I was tried to calm my soul, my heart went into a somersault when Xander dropped his head into my lap then began to nuzzling my crotch casually. My body stiff with shivers ran up and down my body and immediately I jerked his head away. What the...

Xander is sitting now as he smile smugly, staring at me. He had a speculative gleam in his eyes.  "What did you do that for?" I was so furious and my voice had risen a little. Xander had a selfsatisfied smirk on his face and made no attempt to hide it as he watched me struggle which pissed me off even more. My body was trembling from head to foot and was ready to backhand him.

"I swear I'll smack that smirk off you face!" I managed to choke out the words out of my throat as I hugged myself tightly. He has crossed the line and I don't care he'd strangle me to death. Bad boy or not.

His face now was set in permanent scowl whilst his lips were set in a pout of annoyance as he folded his arms over his chest, acted like a child who is sulking.

I groaned. I was irritated at myself for having gotten into a heated situation with him. I don't know why on earth my muscles felt all strange and spongy with happy tingles in my chest whenever I was around him when what I need to do is to put some distance with him. Geez.. I wonder if I'm gone crazy.

Last time I suffered badly from ugly bruised so I haven't time to think of anyone but myself. But now, was I that desperate?

A lonely feeling stole over me. God, it sucks being single and I guarantee it was a curse.

"Listen. You are minging. Thing aren't that bad. You're mine. Do you understand?"

I gaped dumbfounded at him as the words registered in my mind. As I started to understand it my eyes narrowed into slits and I have got an itch on my hand that so impatient to showed him my middle finger. He is so cocky for my liking.

"Excuse me?" Although anger simmered right under the surface, my voice surprisingly was calm. But who does he think he is? Geez...

"Your mate" he stated with matter of factly tone as huge smile wreathing his face. He sounded very satisfied and proud as well.

I was confused. A mate? What does that mean in concrete terms?

"Err...could you explain that?" I ask him, feeling interested at some point.

He agreed with a nod. "Sure. I'm werew.."

"We already here!!" Brow suddenly let out a piercing shriek, cutting him off. His body turned in half as he looked at Xander with a very peculiar expression. He seemed nervous with every nerve in his body was tense.

What is wrong with him now?

I looked around and realized that we have been in school area. In the parking lot, to be exact.

When I turned back my attention to them to excused myself, my eyes took in every detail of how Xander was glaring darkly at Brow and somehow they seem to be having a conversation without utter a single word and I could tell just by looking at their expression, there must be something have happened with them but I couldn't pinpoint what and why but I have this diffuse, a strong feeling that whatever it is about it's must be something difficult to cope with especially when it involves Xander and poor Brow, he sat there in dejection as if he had done something wrong.

"Must you always question everything I do?" Said Xander grumpily with a growl, barely controlled fury as a look of annoyance crossed his face.

I gulped nervously look at Brow. He looks awry and I know that question is not intended to me. So.... "Err...we'd better get going or we'll be late" I hurriedly say without looking at them and pointed out through the window and saw the other students charged into sundry directions either to play around before the first period or they just arrived just like us. But either way, I must get into the class with or without them.

However as I debated with myself whether I should just jump out or not I was startled when without warning Xander swing open the door in his side and rushes out of the jeep then goes around to walked towards me to held the door open. His sudden movement has startled me as I looked up at him.

His face was serious when he nod signaled me to get out. I smile hesitantly and glance at Brow for a moment then quickly stepping out of the jeep. Xander closed the door and when he reached out his hand I thought he wanna took my hand but instead he leans to brushed a strand of hair away from my face with a serious face before places his arm around my waist.

"Thank you" I awkwardly say as I watch Brow hopped off and jogs towards us. Brow's face broadened out into a grin when he stood to my left meaning I was stand between them.

Brow yawned and stretched his body, acted as if nothing had happened in the jeep earlier which confused me especially when he grinned at emotionless Xander.

I sighed heavily when some students start paying attention to us and Xander, somehow took notice that I was in disturbed state of mind literally pressed my body against his whilt squeezing me in a reassuring and comforting gesture making me scrambled awkwardly to my feet.

I guess I have no choice but to give in..

Sorry for the mistakes..