33

UNEDITED

(ADEN)

"Urghh... why are we in this such position again" I complain as I glanced at Pop. We were currently laying in his bed just because he thought this is good idea after my little breakdown.

I nudges him to get his attention when he is just simply ignoring me by pulled up the blanket to cover his body.

"That's rude. You shouldn't ignore me"

"Shhh.. it's been a while. So bear with this"

I looked at him strangely which made him smirk. "So childish" I grumbles under my breath. The bed was so narrow. How could I not complain? "I feel suffocated"

"Yeahh, your are kinda right. Now I've been regret with my own decision. Scoot over a little, boy" Pop order

"How??" I grumbles as I did what he told. It's not like we hadn't done this before but we hasn't slept in the same bed since I was around 7 so this sudden decision was kinda surprising. I swear I did try to refuse earlier because my mind would run wild everytime Pop snores so loud the whole house would shakes but noooo... because he won't take no for an answer. Since Pop have already flip off the switch lamp, I'm gonna bear with this situation. Only tonight. If I were allowed to I'd rather sleep with light on because I need something on to soothe me. I'm not afraid of dark as I always sleep in the dark before, but oddly enough this situation make me somehow better with my miserable condition.

Later on, I was woken up by a loud noise outside the house. What is that? I hope it wasn't raccoons. They always knocking over the trash to dragging it across the ground.

But nothing feels right. I doubt raccoons would make sound like this and I've nevel felt this way before. I'm so scare. It's like I'm being watched and Pop's snoring that louder than an electric jackhammer didn't help my sitution either.

Slowly, in the pitch dark I roll over to get up. I went to flip the switch lamp and look down towards my sleeping father. Just like me, he sleep in boxers but with his own shirt covering his eyes.

Suddenly I was startled when I heard what sounded like scratching outside the house but this time, I swear the source was coming from my bed and whatever it was didn't sound like wild animal at all. Being the chicken I am, I went to Pop and shook his arm many times but was in vain. When there is no sign that he would wake up every nerve in my body thrumming while my body sweat an insane amount.

God, what now?

I quickly stand up while grab my phone just In case I'll call the cops. Should I go out to check it out?

Nah... no thanks.

I jumped off my feet when I heard the squeak of footsteps. My eyes widened. Quickly, I flick off the switch lamp and waited. Despite me being chicken I stepped out of the bed. I couldn't really see anything since the hallway was pitch black so I just stood there staring into nothing. My blood ran cold when I heard the same sound came back and is coming from my bed.

W-what? The sound isn't not from the outside but inside my house actually. Somebody is in my house and my bedroom!

I could hear the subtle shift and creak indicating my theory was right and I choked the urge to scream. So many thoughts rushed through my head when the sound kept on going before abruptly stopped.

Gulping, I made my way to my bedroom. I could hear my own footstep sound even I've tried make them quiet. As I reached my bedroom door I stopped when I had my hand on the door handle

"Adeeeeenn"

Someone whisper my name in a very deep voice from the inside while goosebumps ran over my entire body.