23| The Bloody Plan [Part II]

Date Updated: 24th April 2019

Twenty-Three: The Bloody Plan Part 2

"May's not that important," he said, his voice colder than the feeling that was slowly making its way into her heart.

Her throat clogged up.

It made sense of course. She wasn't. But the way he said it made her feel cold all over.

Or maybe he was actually saying it just to get Thorne's attention.

She wouldn't know.

"I don't think so, Mr. Martinez," Thorne replied. "Even if I don't have Jason now, I have the two of you. And once you are dead I will get Jason myself. I have contacts everywhere mon ami, trust me, I will find him,"

He then turned to May and raised his gun.

May stood stick still, but her legs wobbled. Her thigh burned and her shoulder was killing her.

She watched as he cocked the gun, holding it up towards her head.

"For ten long years I've waited for this day. Finally, I can get rid of the Summer family forever," He spat out his eyes dark, dangerously glinting at her.

She looked around her for something she could grasp on to, something she could use to defend herself. Her terror filled gaze found nothing.

Two shots rang out and a bullet whizzed past her face, missing it by mere inches. Viktor jumped back in horror, as a deep voice erupted from behind her.

"Get away from her Thorne."

She whipped her head around to see a dishevelled looking Ryan, holding the revolver in his hand.

Her treacherous heart may have skipped a beat in happiness.

"Step away from her," he said, pointing the gun at the bodyguard behind her.

A shot whizzed towards him and he ducked just in time. He jumped up and gunned a bullet right into Thorne's hand, making him drop his gun.

Thorne let out a crazed scream.

Then Ryan shot two more times and each bullet paralysed another bodyguard. The man holding May up fell to the ground, his hands on his thigh.

"I said step away from the girl,"

May began to limp towards Ryan, but a voice stopped her short.

"Stop this," came the redhead's voice, and May's gaze flew to him. In that second the man was standing next to her, his gun trained on her head.

His eyes were trained on Ryan. "Drop the gun,"

May watched Ryan send him a frigid look before dropping the gun. On the inside, she cried out. But visibly, she did nothing.

"Kick it away from you," the man commanded.

Ryan kicked it towards three bodies that were lying close to her. She hadn't seen them before. Surrounded by a pool of blood they were lying face down, brown trench coats hiding their bodies from view.

May tore her gaze away from them, only for it to land on Thorne, who had somehow manged to get his gun back in his hand.

May felt a twinge of guilt in her stomach. Ryan was in this mess because of her.

He would forgive her wouldn't he?

Did you forgive him for what he did before you found out the truth?

Oh, God.

She wanted to cry.

He was never going to forgive her.