Epilogue

It's been two months since that beautiful day when Logan sang to me on my front porch. 

Now, I'm wearing a long, beachy dress and am nervously standing next to him. 

I know! Even on a day like this, I still get nervous. 

He's wearing loose khaki pants and an untucked short-sleeve white linen shirt and looks more confident than ever. He looks like he belongs on the cover of GQ magazine next to the backdrop of old architecture and the expansive cypress trees creating a canopy of green all around us. 

We're huddled together with Parker and Annie and both of their parents on Selena's Bridge joining both sides of the Riverwalk in San Antonio.

I smile as a boat full of tourists cheer as they pass under us. I'm relishing the feeling of the soft breeze blowing my hair. 

Annie looks absolutely radiant in her soft white gown. You can barely see the outline of her bump through her dress. I don't know if it's because of the baby or if it's because it's her wedding day, but she's glowing from head to toe. 

She and Parker are holding hands and facing the minister who's reading their vows. They each repeat after him. "...I, Annie Stillwater, promise to love you for the rest of my life. To always have your back. And, to always take the high ground no matter what...And, I, Parker Smith promise to love you for the rest of my life. To always have your back. And, to always take the high ground no matter what..." 

Then, the minister addresses the rest of us and says, "By the power invested in me by the great state of Texas, I pronounce you husband and wife."

They kiss each other so sweetly, and I can feel my eyes welling with tears. 

As another boat passes under the bridge, Annie throws her bouquet down, and one of the tourists catches it. That will probably go down as the best part of her trip. 

Logan puts his hand around my waist and kisses me on the cheek. My thoughts turn to him and our future together. I wonder what our wedding will look like. All I know is that I want it to be just like this, both simple and beautiful, just like the name and the rest of my life that I will share with him. 

The End! Thank you so much for coming on this journey with me. I really hoped you enjoyed it.

Note: I'm considering writing a prequel to this story, describing how Kristina's parents (Sarah and Jidda) met and fell in love. The entire story would take place during the mid-90's. Please comment if you would be interested in reading this story.