Chapter 18: The Gown

It’s been days since the visit to the fortune teller, Theodora. And I’ve been thinking about nothing except trying to figure out how she knew my name.

It’s always been like this with me. I get easily distracted and I end up thinking about it for weeks. We’ve already passed Canada and New Jersey and I’m still thinking about the fortune.

The WWA tour is back again and I get to tour North America. Also, I got reunited with the 1D boys again. But they’re so busy so I try not to bother them too much. Even the release of the Amnesia music video didn’t help me get my mind off things. I mean, I freaked out, too, of course. A bit. Who didn’t?

Those fortunes from Theodora were creepy as fuck.

I was hell bent on not believing a word but when she said my name——my FULL name——it made me think that the fortune teller is actually telling the truth. About my future, I mean.

The boys’ fortunes sounded complicated, too. But that’s none of my business.

Anyway, it’s our 2nd day in Foxboro and the boys were in soundcheck for tonight’s show. I was on a seat in the front watching them. They looked so good onstage and again, I’m so proud.

I opened my phone and scrolled through the internet. I was so out of focus that I didn’t even notice Calum next to me.

"You’ve been pretty quiet lately. Is everything okay?" he asked.

"Oh…no. I’m fine, Cal. Just distracted." I assured him.

"Look, I’m sorry about not being able to help you with your list. We’ve been very busy."

"No,no,no,no. It’s okay. You’ve done enough already. I’m really happy that you care about that. You’re awesome, Calum. It’s okay if I don’t actually do EVERYTHING on that list. They’re almost impossible."

"Now, don’t say that. We could bail the show and go to the zoo to pet a tiger. Michael would love it!" Calum suggested.

I shook my head, “You know, bailing on the show means you’re jeopardizing your career.Besides, the zoo will be closed tonight.

Calum chuckled and took out his phone. He tweeted something. I know because I have a buzzer go off whenever the boys tweet something to keep updates. Hey, I’m still their fan. I checked my phone to see what it is.

Calum5SOS: please tell me that a zoo is open nearby. a tiger needs petting :D

I giggled at his stupidity and responded with an indirect tweet of my own.

TheRobbie: the tigers are sleeping! don’t you dare bother them!

Next to me, Calum let out a small laugh.

"This is weird. We’re right next to each other and we’re tweeting indirectly." I said.

Calum smiled at me and said, “At least you’re not distracted anymore.”

Oh.

Calum can be so sickly sweet sometimes.

******

"Oh my God!"

"I know!"

"Oh my God!" I repeated.

"My thoughts exactly!" Charlotte screamed on the other line.

"Oh my God, Char! This is huge!"

"MASSIVE!"

"Congratulations! Oh I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" I shrieked with my phone on my ear.

"I cannot believe I passed, Robbie!"