Chapter 30: The End

For a second, nobody moved. The rest of London just stopped and paused. Robbie kept her gaze at Calum's eyes and so did he. The sound of traffic and people around them were blocked out by their breathing and heartbeats.

Calum was the first to beat the silence.

"Why aren't you inside?" he asked, not ending their gaze at each other.

"I---I needed some air." Robbie managed to say. "What are you d-doing here?"

Instead of answering her question, Calum took a step up the stairs and stopped just 1 feet away from her.

"The guys told me you'd be here tonight." he started. "I didn't wanna go with them at first but..........When I was sitting on my chair, watching your interview for the 67th time, it came to me that what I felt in my gut as I watched that video was anger. I was furious.

"Calum, I know. I'm so s---"

"Let me finish this, Robbie. Please." he said, then continued on. "The questions. The questions about us. You answered them all wrong. Or at least that's what I first thought. But then maybe you were telling the truth."

Robbie was silently sobbing at this point while Calum stayed emotionless and rigid.

"Maybe there was nothing between us. Maybe you didn't feel what I feel. And I wanted to believe that! For a sick twisted moment, I wanted to believe that you felt nothing for me to give me some sort of motivation so I could forget about you and move on with my life." Calum raised his voice a little which earned him a few stares at the people walking on the street. But both of them did nothing and just became oblivious to the people.

"I could never do it." his voice broke a little when he said these words. Robbie saw the gloss in his eyes as if fighting back tears. "I love you too much."

"I love you, Calum." Robbie whispered. Calum grabbed her hand and placed it on his cheek. He closed his eyes as if savoring the feel of her skin against his. It's been too long. A single tear escaped his eye.

"So I came here. In a rush." he opened them and continued. "I didn't expect to see a beautiful girl standing alone at the top of the steps. I had a whole sppech planned, which I practicedover and over, for when I finally meet you inside. But then I saw you and forgot all of it. Look what you've done to me, Rob."

Despite her tears, Robbie giggled. "Let's hear it."

"What?"

"Let's hear your speech."

Finally, Calum smiled and took a final step forward, closing the distance between them, still holding on to her hand.

"You're wrong, Robbie." he started. "How dare you say nothing's between us? You didn't feel anything when we first talked to each other over the internet? You didn't feel anything when I came to you and made those pizzas? Huh? I did! I felt something! And do you remember how it felt with me by your side when you went off to sleep? I remember because I felt something again! How about the time when we kissed and for a a stupid moment, I decided to act like it was nothing. Which I deeply regret, by the way." he ran his free hand through his hair, making it a bit messier, and chuckled. "Don't tell me you didn't feel anything that time."

Robbie nodded at him and smiled. "I did. I did felt something."

"And all those things I did on your list. They're all for you. I didn't care enough about anyone else before until I met you. When I decided to talk to a fan on twitter and make someone happy, I didn't realize that that someone would be me.....You make me happy. You're the most wonderful girl in the world." he smiled at her but then it immediately disappeared.

"Imagine the pain I felt when I found out that you love me and then leave me the next day. Did you even see the messages that I've sent you? There were countless! Then you cut me off of your world and I didn't know what to do or think. You said that it wasn't the end but why did it feel like one? Why did the girl I love stopped talking to me?"

Robbie sighed, still sobbing and finally realizing the pain that Calum had to go through because of her. "I don't know, Calum. It's all my fault."

"For a year, I didn't talk to you. For a year, I tortured myself thinking about you." he replied. "I never stopped loving you, Robbie. Even as I watched the world get to know you and adore you. I loved you still." he stretched out his hand and wiped the tears awayt from Robbie's face. "So go ahead and tell me that there's nothing between us. Because I would say you're wrong."

Robbie shook her head, "No. No. You're right. You're right, Calum."

In response, he bent down to her and kissed her lips. Calum placed his arms around her and she kept both her hands on his jaw.

People was starting to stare now and some even took photos.

But they didn't care.

They kissed as though they were the only people in the world.

"I liked your speech, Calum pie." Robbie whispered when they broke apart.

Calum grinned and replied back, "It was supposed to create a big commotion if I did it inside the gala like I intented to though."

"Well, it did cause a ruckus. But not inside. Unfortunately" Robbie said, looking around them, noticing Shay, Charlotte, Ashton, Luke and Michael near the doors, beaming with pride.

"I love you, Robbie pie." Calum said once more.

She kissed him again and smiled, "How did we end up here?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Well, this is it.

That's the end of Calum and Robbie's story. And I really hope you guys like it.

I am not posting anymore.

Nope.

Not a single chapter more.

ALSO check out this Luke fanfic called 'Somewhere New' by 5SOSfanficgirl123! It is so cute and gives me too much feels and it would really mean a lot if you guys would check it out!