Chapter 19

Unedited

The baby shower is beautiful! When Kelsey said we were going to have it at the club house because I was a little hesitant but now looking around I am in love.

There is pink EVERYWHERE. Pink balloons, pink curtains, pink, tablecloths. And surrounding the pink are flowers that match my crown.

Oh this is just so perfect!

There are so many women and children here as well! I had no idea that the club was such a family environment! Kelsey said it's not all Old Ladies but club sisters, friends, aunts and cousins.

I absolutely love it and love them. If my mother could only see this she would die. The women here are NOTHING like the women she hangs around. They are real.

Some are too skinny, too fat, too dark, too light, too loud, too honest. They would just be too much for Margret. Hell she wouldn't even hire them as the help. But they are already more of a family then she ever was.

I have three great friend, three girls who have my back no matter what. Even if it was just them here I would be happy.

Looking over at Summer I see the trimmer in her hands. She has not been doing so well since Trigger left with Texas.

"Hey girl how are you holding up?" I ask pulling her into a hug.

"I have been better." She admits resting her head on my shoulder.

"He will be back soon, that big guy can't stand to not see you. I bet he is worse off then you right now." I try to say encouragingly but it's true. I have never saw someone so smitten as Trigger is with Summer. It's worse then Kelsey and Gear.

"I doubt that. I need him Lilly. He knows how to distract me. He makes the bad thoughts go away." She whispers.

Pulling her into my arms I hold my shaking friend. Summer is always so happy and sassy. I had no idea that she is obviously dealing with stuff too.

"Shhhh." I sooth patting down her hair. Why don't you go wash up and I can help distract you. Okay? I ask pulling back and holding her hands.

"I'm okay, I'm sorry Lilly. I didn't mean to lay my messed up bullshit at your feet." She says turning away.

"Messed up bullshit is my specialty! Besides I am your friend and bullshit is what I am hear for. Besides you deal with mine ALL of the time! Now go wash up and you can tell me all the gossip about all the girls here!" I say with a big smile. Summer knows everything about everyone I'm not sure how but she does.

I had never enjoyed gossip until Summer started working at the bakery. That girl had a story about everyone who walked in, even if it was just made up. She would never say what was true and what isn't. "It's all apart if the game!"

It's called the game of Life. Everyone playing has to make up a story about the person coming in. Are they a banker or a doctor? Does he have a wife or a husband? What's his MO? It's so much fun. After everyone tells their story we vote on which is our favorite.

Summer basically always wins I am not sure where she gets her crazy stories from but they are all so funny!

When Summer leaves to go clean up I walk over to Kelsey and Megan.

"I'm really worried about Summer, she is off." I say.

"That's what we were just talking about. I hope Trigger gets back soon. This is the first time they have been apart in a long time." Kelsey says with a sad face she is working her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Maybe we can all have a quiet girls day tomorrow with her." Megan suggests we all nod in agreement. Something just does not feel right.

Sighing Kelsey insist that I stop worrying and go out and mingle. I have now learned that I do not like mingling.

Everyone has been so sweet but its really tiring walking from new person to new person all while trying to remember their name. They all act like I should know them but I really don't. It's a little frustrating.

But it also makes me feel better, I do not feel like I have to try and give those awkward random facts about myself that you do when you first meet someone. We all just talk like old friends.

Friends. I have a room full of friends!

Finally Kelsey sweeps in with snacks in her hand making me sit in a chair in front of everyone.

"Okay girls it's finally time to open gifts!" She says in an excited voice! The door opens and I do not pay attention until I see the look on Kelseys face.

Turning to the door I see why she is staring. Filling the doorway with his masculine build is Texas and he has a cute little blonde tucked into his side.

Oh my God.

Okay y'all comment and vote to let me know how you feel! Holy guacamole y'all we surpassed 1,000 reads with the last chapter and I'm doing a happy dance! Thank you to everyone for taking the time to read my story!