1

He had always been fascinated – obsessed – with Carrie Allen, to the point of racing back in time to have her all to himself after successfully recreating the accident that had given her her powers.

The first time he had gone back, he had arrived after she had already begun dating Hal Jordan; his advances had been rebuffed. Angry at the rejection, he had eventually become her nemesis. In his rage in their last battle, he had shot back in through time, intending to stop her from ever becoming the Flash by stopping her accident before it happened.

Unfortunately, he had overshot and found himself up against her very protective mother. Their encounter had cost the woman her life – she was destined to die anyway and the death he gave her had been more merciful than what she had been slated for – and left the girl who would become the woman he had loved and later hated without either of her parents.

His rage had grown when he realized he had been stranded there, unable to tap into the speed force or leech it off of her.

Time was simultaneously everything and nothing to a man who existed out of time and living under a stolen face and identity. He micromanaged everything, getting everything to fall into place so that he could become Dr Harrison Wells and get the Particle Accelerator on his personal timeline.

And while he did that, he multitasked, tracking Carrie Allen and her progress through life. He'd managed to even place hidden cameras in her home, her school, and later her workplace. Oh how he loved those cameras; he allowed himself the indulgence of watching her for a couple hours every night – watched her sleep, her bathe, even eat.

The nights where she gave in and explored her own body and desires....now those were his favorites. He would indulge the attraction he still held for his lovely nemesis those nights.

He had tracked her in person when she ventured to Starling City where she had met the Arrow – Oliver Queen – and his team. Had watched them interact, making sure he didn't touch her – even in the history books, Oliver Queen had quite the reputation and there were aspects of her relationship with him that were vague and undefined.

Thankfully, the Arrow's heart was elsewhere at the present and would be in the future – it wasn't the Flash he ended up marrying after all.

Which was good, because if it hadn't been, he'd have ripped it out the Arrow's heart, regardless of the side-effects it'd have on the timeline.

At least Hal Jordan or Leonard Snart hadn't show up yet. From the recent accident at Ferris Airfields, Hal Jordan had just received his ring and was now training to be a member of the Green Lantern Corps. Leonard Snart was still laying low, planning his next bank heist.

Which was very good – she was romantically linked to Green Lantern in the history books and things were vague about her relationship with Captain Cold.

It was such a pity his initial calculations had been off... If they hadn't, if he had been able to come back the night of her accident, to pretend to be another affected by it, he could have won her heart before either blasted man ever laid eyes on her.

He'd not have ended up stranded here in the past. Had to have killed her mother, Tess Morgan, and Harrison Wells.

No matter.

It would all work out, he'd had plenty of time these past fifteen years to plan, to learn, to ensure that one way or another, Carrie Allen would become the Flash. Part of him still wished her to become his.

He wasn't letting anyone or anything stand in his way. Not the Flash, not the Arrow, not Green Lantern, not Captain Cold, not even time itself.