14

Part of him wished he had gone with them to that bar, but knew due to his persona as Harrison Wells he wasn't exactly welcome in Central City. Instead, he watched them from the time-vault, monitoring the interactions between Carrie and Hunter Zolomon.

They were joking around, but she behaved similarly to Hunter as she did to his ancestor Eddie. He didn't want to overreact or overplay his hand too early if they were only becoming friends.

....but could he trust that, from the man who would become Zoom? A man who could be as obsessive as Eobard himself? Even if Carrie only saw him as a friend, that didn't mean Hunter would reciprocate platonic feelings.

...not like he could blame him.

She was....magnificent.

And his, he thought scowling at the way Zolomon's eyes lingered in places they shouldn't.

------

"Harrison Wells," Eiling rumbled at him as he wheeled the chair into the ante-chamber to meet the group of soldiers as they stepped out of the elevator.

A pair of soldiers walked around Eobard as though he wasn't even there.

"How the mighty have fallen."

...how he wanted to get out of that chair and kill that smug general and all his men for good measure. He managed to keep his voice even, emotionless. "General."

"STAR Labs... This place used to be so important..." the general drawled, glancing around him. "Tell me what does one do after such a spectacular public failure?"

"One adapts. One evolves. Becomes intent on reversing ones fortune," he answered.

"Always the idealist."

Oh if only this Neanderthal knew....

"What do you want, Wade?" he asked, arms crossing over his chest.

"Where's my asset?"

Eobard shrugged. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"We tracked her here, Harrison. Turn her over to me before you see the rest of your precious palace crumble."

"Wade, Wade, Wade..." he sighed softly, shaking his head.

The General's face tightened as he lifted a hand, gesturing to the two remaining soldiers to move forward, passing the scientist in the wheelchair. He walked forward, leaning in slightly towards Eobard as he passed. "We could have changed the world, you and I."

Eobard's face was tight as he suppressed what would be a truly demented grin along with the urge to say: "I already have."