2

Tonight was the most important night of his plan – tonight, Carrie Allen would be struck by that fated lightning bolt after the particle accelerator exploded. This was the night the Flash would be born.

Fifteen years, all leading up to this point – everything he had done, from killing her mother, to killing and assuming the identity of Harrison Wells. And now he was walking to the podium, to give his speech and switch on the particle accelerator.

And then he had looked out into the crowd. He had known she'd be there, but actually seeing her staring up at him with wide, adoring eyes and a blush on her face...

God, the things that did to his body. Seeing her of all people, looking at him like that....

It was a good thing that podium had been there and he had such control over himself or he'd have left the stage with an obvious erection after she and her foster sister had chased after a man that had stolen her bag.

He had moved through on autopilot until at last he was in that secret room, his time vault. There he activated the camera in her lab at the Police Department, watching her dart around and secure the various windows and putting buckets to catch the water pouring in from the leaking skylight.

Such a terrible, shoddy place for his woman to be in. It wasn't worthy of her, of her brilliance and the things she would come to create. In due time though...she would be here, by his side.

And right on schedule, the particle accelerator exploded, killing Ronnie Raymond and sending the energy up into the clouds above, seeding the raging storm. Losing Ronnie hurt a bit – he was fond of the young man. But he also knew that Ronnie wasn't truly dead, which alleviated any guilt he might have felt.

The other lives lost that night though... That did sting. He'd have preferred no loss of life but that was unavoidable.

As unavoidable as watching Carrie Allen be struck in the chest by a crimson lightning bolt that sent her slender body flying and shattering the rack of charged chemicals. The camera shorted out but he knew she would lay there for several long moments, helpless.

It was for the best.

This was all for the best.

And so far everything was going to plan.