5

There was a thrill when he finally got to speak with her, interact with her.

God, the way she'd looked when he wheeled into her room after she woke up. All rumpled and blushing vividly as their eyes locked....

And when she had walked by his side hugging herself as he explained what had happened while she was in her coma...he had been side-eyeing the sliver of pale skin where the sweatshirt had rode up. He had hoped he had gotten this need for her out of his system by letting himself indulge in holding her, kissing her....but now he wondered if he hadn't made it worse.

It was hard, trying to keep himself aloof, especially when he saw how quickly she gave in when he asked her to come back to STAR Labs for more testing after seeing her family. There was something about the way she had lowered her eyelashes with her cheeks reddened and lips parted that made his cock twitch.

There was a joy watching her race down that abandoned airstrip in that sinfully tight red track suit. He was watching history unfold. And for a moment he was that young man again, marveling over the woman he had come to adore.

Though he had rather hoped she wouldn't have remembered him being there that night, wouldn't remember it was him that killed her mother....

He'd planned for that eventuality anyway.

No matter.

What he needed her to build up her speed so that he too would become stronger, so that he would no longer be trapped by that chair, by being stuck here in the past.

Which meant he had to stay focused, no matter how charming Carrie Allen looked when she blushed as he said her name. It was a girl's crush on her hero who was now mentoring her.

That's what he kept telling himself, at least.

But oh how he wanted...so desperately he wanted to be able to crush her to him...

Especially when she whirled around, challenging him as he explained the release of the previously theoretical particles the night she was struck by lightning. There were sparks of golden lightning in her eyes, dancing over her body as she practically vibrated with the speed force.

It took every ounce of control to not blur forward out of his chair and pin her to the wall then and there, to rip her clothing away and sink between her legs irregardless of Caitlin or Cisco's presence.

This was going to be a test of his control and patience.

He had known that before, when he had watched her become a young woman. But it was so stark now just how difficult a test this was going to be.

He had to stay focused on his mission.

Had to keep her focused as well.