24

He wasn't here to observe the monitors...no, today he was updating his logs. Standing at his his work station, he activated Gideon; he watched the wall change as the holographic projection of the stolen AI came into focus.

"Good day, Dr Wells," Gideon greeted him.

"One can always hope," he replied. "Bring up my log, won't you?"

"Certainly."

The holographic wall shifted, changing, bringing up the list of logs he already had made, documenting the time he had spent stranded in the past and observing Carrie Allen.

"Go ahead, Doctor."

"New Entry. It has been..." he checked his watch, "three-hundred and eleven days since the subject was struck by lightning. Carrie has become more used to her abilities and begun relying on her speed in her every day life, using her extraordinary abilities to solve ordinary problems and to accomplish ordinary tasks. Unfortunately, her penchant for heroics persists, placing her in increasingly dangerous situations. At times she can even be a bit of a show off... While her desire to help others is commendable, it is impeding her from realizing the full scope of her abilities. But there is still time – the future remains intact."

He frowned faintly. "Though....her continued lack of self-confidence is concerning. It could have an affect on how fast her speed will develop... And...I am starting to lose my objectivity. I know she needs to build her speed, that even stronger foes will arrive, probably sooner than they had in the original timeline. But I...don't want to expose her to the dangers she must face..."

-----
-----

It was getting harder and harder to interact with her when all he wanted to do was pull her into his lap, to hold her, kiss her....

...claim her.

She was his. And he wanted everyone to know it.

In a way, the situation with Farooq Gibran was a blessing and a curse.

He had attacked her, caused her pain...

...drained her of her powers.

No matter what, tonight the man would die for what he had done to Carrie...

But at the same time it gave Eobard the excuse to touch her when he thought he could get away with it. He was certain Cisco and Caitlin were noticing – he was a notoriously prickly man, very hands-off...and he was letting her get away with being in his space, was actually initiating contact with her.

If he was lucky they'd dismiss it as the situation they were in as they tried to stay one step ahead of Farooq.

...he had not expected her powerful reaction to Tony Woodward's death. He should have, with her gentle nature and soft heart. What had made it worse for her though? Was because she had seen him die? That was a traumatic thing to undergo, especially since she was trying to rehabilitate the man who once tormented her...

It didn't matter. She would forgive him for this, and for everything else.

Because unlike the other Carrie, the one he had fought...

....this one was in love with him.