Prolouge

A pair of silver softly fluttering wings was the only thing that could be heard in the middle of the night, in a dark abandoned alleyway

It was a fairy.

A fairy that heard the devastating news and was extremely beside herself from anger. The cold wind hit her face, making her shiver slightly but she didn't give it much attention. She was on a mission and determined to see it through till the end. She also tried her best to control the anger slowly rising within her and the icy weather was somewhat aiding her in doing so.

But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't hide her red face and her flaring nose. Taking a deep breath, she began hovering along the narrow foul smelling road, her pace quickening with every step forward. The buildings around her were wrecked and abandoned, as if a massive disaster happened prior to their collapse.

At the end of the road stood a relatively small house with only two windows. It seemed to be untouched and fully erect unlike its surroundings, standing high and mighty. The light within the house was lit up, signifying that its inhabitants were awake. The silver winged fairy spotted the house and walked swiftly to it along the road.

This is all your fault! She thought angrily. You cursed my Florina. My poor girl will pay the prize. And for what, just so you can save yourself from eternal misery. Now look where you at! You are still miserable and still living in a stinking tiny house.

The fairy tried to mask her anger before she confronted the culprit. She was flying as quickly as she could and a few moments later, the fairy was standing in front of the house. It was a small two story structure with no front yard or backyard. The door was just about the fairy's height, made of blackwood and its handle had a cobra engraved on it.

She took a few deep breaths and knocked firmly on the door. For a few minutes, there was total silence around her, adding to the creepiness of her surroundings. When she was met with dead silence, she knocked harder, the noise from the knock piercing the unsettling air.

At that, she heard a surprised gasp from within. It seemed that the inhabitant was bewildered by the late visit. The gasp was followed by faint footsteps that got closer to the door quickly but cautiously. The person within got quiet for a moment and said in a thick whisper, "Who is it?"