CHAPTER 10 : Blurry Vision

It was raining heavily in the small town of Wokechire.

Ever since Rose left Florina, she has been going from one place to another spreading her trace in case Nixie's troops were after her. She hoped that they were following her trace instead of searching for Florina.

It has been a week and she has already changed location more times than hair on her head to the point where she stopped counting. She landed softly in a dark alleyway. Once her feet touched the hard concrete underneath, she looked around her left and right, making sure no one was following her.

There was a small abandoned warehouse in the distance. Its shape and structure weren't completely visible to Rose because of the heavy rain. A deafening thunder erupted from behind the fairy making her jump, startled. The fairy wanted to fly to the warehouse to take cover from the rain but she knew she couldn't. My wings are wet, I cannot fly to that building, she thought angrily.

Her subconscious responded, 'Well, you cannot stay out here either, the wetter your wings get, the longer it will take for them to dry off.'

Rose nodded to herself and began walking to her destination. To a fairy, walking was the equivalence of crawling to humans. It's much slower and much more exhausting, which is why fairies – especially Rose – tend to avoid it at all costs.

She huffed in anger and exhaustion when she was halfway there. She immediately regretted not using her protective shield that protects her from Earth's elements.

"But it's not my fault I cannot use that shield," she whispered to herself "Nixie took that power from me the minute she banned me. Not only that but she also took my invisibility shield and my power to have clear vivid visions."

After a long agonizing time, Rose reached the abandoned warehouse. She slumped down in the corner and hugged her knees to her body as she wrapped her silver wings around her entire frame. The fairy shuddered when a cold wind moved passed her. She silently hoped that the cold weather would pass or at least that it would stop raining.

Her mind wandered off to Florina and how sad and quiet she was after the ritual. She had pleaded with her carrier many times to tell her what happened in the cursing ritual but she was met with dead silence.

Rose understood that whatever happens in that ritual must be so bad that most of the Evilingston females turn towards evil after it.

Just look at Stella, she thought bitterly to herself, she is the queen of Evil. If she wasn't a human, I would say she was Lucifer's wife.

"But my Florina is different," she whispered smiling when her carrier's face came to mind "She is so innocent and pure. I asked her if she would sacrifice her daughter to Lucifer and she said no. Those other females must have been unjust humans for them to turn to the evil side and serve Lucifer."

Rose nodded to herself in determination, "She is just in shock from what happened. She won't turn evil. She won't turn into Lucifer's slave, she will resist him."

She looked out the window hoping the rain would have stopped by then but discovered that it rained more heavily than an hour ago. Rose took a deep breath and sighed. Suddenly, her vision went blurry and she was pinned down by an invisible force. She saw a few blurry objects moving in front of her eyes.

She was having a vision only it was very blurry that she couldn't make out who were in that vision. Trying to concentrate, she barely made out the silhouette of a tall human going into a dark place.

She heard the human shot in anger, "Where is it?" They then walked away holding a wand to help them see in the dark.

'The human is searching for something,' Rose said to herself 'But why am I seeing this. Why is this relevant now?'

She got closer to the blurry silhouette standing in front of her but she couldn't make out who the person was. The fairy saw them walk away from the dark place in a hurry.

"Dammit!" the human cursed "Why is he so dependent on muggle electricity? I cannot find the switch to turn on these useless lights."

The voice began to be familiar to Rose but it was still way too muffled for her ears. 'If I am seeing it, then it has to be relevant to my carrier some way or another. I have to find out who this human is.'

She went to him slowly trying to make sure her footsteps doesn't distract her from the human's voice. As the person navigated through the dark place trying to find the switch they mentioned, Rose took notice of their wide strides and how they carry themselves. Perhaps that could lead her to the identity of the human.

The person quickly moved away from Rose again and she followed him immediately. A door opened behind the both of them, making Rose turn to it. The human however wasn't aware of the door opening and kept searching.

In the doorway, there seemed to be another short human carrying something in their hands. Their height wasshort to the point where if they were noticed from a far, they would be thoughtof as a preteen. They began to move slowly towards the other human who was totally oblivious of his surroundings.

Rose turned to the short human, trying to make out their identity or the very least, the object that they were holding in their hands but once again she failed.

'Damn you Nixie!' Rose shouted in exasperation 'Who are these people and why am I seeing...'

Suddenly, it dawned on her. Taking a closer look, Rose gasped. The short human was carrying a kitchen knife.

"No!" Rose yelled trying to stop the person but it was too late.

The short human stabbed the other tall one in the back with one single stab. The tall human scream out in surprise and pain, falling on the ground. The short human laughed at the other's pain and continued to stab the other until there was no life left in him.

Rose was sobbing at the scene, feeling helpless. She couldn't do anything to save that human since it was a vision.

The vision ended there and Rose hid her face in her hands, feeling helpless. "I could have saved that person if I just knew who they were," she whispered between sobs.

She recalled the scene over and over again, trying to search for little details, the tone of the dead person's voice forinstance. It took her a long while until she finally whispered to herself, "Itwas Severus."