CHAPTER 1 : An Escape

Italics = past memories

"David!" the blue eyed witch exclaimed when someone came up behind her "you don't sneak up on a lady like that ESPECIALLY in the dark."

The emerald eyed wizard smirked at her as the blue eyes scowled at him. The two youth agreed to meet up in the forbidden forest beforehand after hours. The awkward air didn't last for long however as the young witch, Florina Woods, smiled at him and she shoved him playfully.

"So," they began walking breaking twigs under them with every step, "what is that secret trick you wanted me to see?"

He shook his head, the smug smirk never leaving his face, "now now my dear lady, we have to exercise patience now don't we."

Florina huffed rolling her eyes, "Alright fine! But if it turns out to be a silly joke, I will turn you into a ferret."

David laughed out not minding their surroundings which made Florina more anxious. She seemed to be terrified, something that the emerald eye wizard didn't notice.

"Can we just go please?" she whispered trying to stop his laughter "We are breaking the rules I hope you know."

He immediately stopped and gave her a surprised look. The pausing made her more anxious and she frowned at him in confusion.

"But you are a Slytherin," he blurted out "Aren't you all supposed to be rule breakers?"

Florina laughed, "That is the most close-minded thing I have ever heard. Have you ever heard of stereotypes?"

David shrugged, "Well, you are certainly the exception to your house's reputation. Maybe because you weren't raised in a prejudice home... like the Malfoy's. Being a muggleborn actually benefited you."

Florina sighed and shook her head lightly. She turned to him and smiled. "Speaking of exceptions, how can two brothers who are very similar in appearance and upbringing be sorted into different houses? Not only that but also rarely interact with one another."

The emerald eyed wizard looked away trying to mask the disgusted look on his face. The blue eyed witch waited patiently for his answer. They stayed in silence for a while until it was broken by another sigh from the witch.