CHAPTER 9 : Sweet Murder

Another four days had passed, making the trio's stay at David's house a week

Another four days had passed, making the trio's stay at David's house a week. It was a relatively sunny morning and the birds were chirping sweetly outside of Florina's window.

That wasn't pleasant to Florina's ears however as the bird's chirping woke her up. She sat up on the bed angrily and huffed, looking for her wand on her nightstand. It wasn't on top of the dresser however and the birds continued to chirp happily when they saw the human awake thinking that she might give them some crumbs.

Usually, the nice human that lived in the house gave them bird crumbs every morning at this time of year. Summer. The birds built a strong bonding relationship with that nice human. But they didn't notice that the human they came for wasn't there and was instead replaced with an angry witch.

She grunted loudly, "Where did that desperate wanker put my wand?"

When she couldn't find her wand on either the nightstand or in the drawers, she slowly slid to the foot of the bed making sure to not hit her legs on the board. She checked more thoroughly until she found it in the second drawer.

"I cannot even get up on my own with these useless legs," she groaned "And that tosser fairy isn't around to help me."

Huffing loudly, she cast a charm on herself to hover a little over the ground. She landed herself softly on the wheel chair and wheeled herself to the window.

The three birds saw the human coming to them and they greeted her more loudly and happily. Placing her hands on the knobs, she opened the window with anger making the birds double back from the sudden noise. They however didn't fly away and stayed floating in midair confused by the treatment they received.

They wanted to give the human another chance, after all, they befriended that human. Little did they know that the human they came for wasn't this witch.

Florina's temper rose through the roof when the birds didn't fly away. "SHOO!" she yelled at them but they remained in place floating in midair.

"Challenging me huh," she murmured glaring at them "let's see if you will stand up against this!"

She swiftly pointed her wand at them and without thinking twice shouted, "Avada Kedavra!"

The spell hit the three birds at once and just like that, all of them dropped dead in David's abandoned garden. Florina smirked to herself when the annoying chirps were finally gone.

She floated herself back to bed and immediately went into a deep sleep.

****************

"Florina," David knocked once outside Florina's door. He was suspecting her to not answer the door and sighed.

Opening the door gently, he slipped inside her room to find her sleeping soundly making him smile to himself.

At least she is relaxed, he thought to himself as he went up to her, this is the first time I have seen her this relaxed and happy in weeks. Maybe she will slowly come back to her senses.