CHAPTER 17 : I Will Never Leave You

Trigger warning: Mild self-hate speech

The memory was finally over and Rose got out of Florina's head, feeling enraged and mentally scarred from the events that took place in the horrible ritual. It took her a long time to recover from what she saw, completely forgetting where she was at.

Florina's eyes stared at her with blood red eyes that were filled with anger. Rose blinked twice almost like she was beginning to gain her senses once more. She stared back at her heart broken best friend with a mix of sympathy and confusion.

The fairy took a deep breath sitting in front of the witch, who avoided her gaze instantly. "You... did I make you relive the entire memory once more?" she asked cautiously.

Florina didn't respond right away but her hurt expression said it all. She tried her best to hold back her tears but she couldn't and few of them ran down her cheeks.

Rose gasped, cursing herself. Without a second thought, she wrapped her arms around her friend in a tight embrace trying to console her anyway she can. The witch sobbed even more from the contact but silently thankful for the kind gesture.

"Please don't leave me fairy," Florina whispered in such a low voice, her fairy strained to hear her.

Rose didn't completely catch what she said but she understood the gest of it and nodded, holding her even closer. They stayed in that position for a long time, neither of them wanting to let go of the other.

"You are not scared of me," Florina croaked between her sobs "I might hurt you –"

"Never Florina," Rose whispered back "I guess I still trust you blindly. It is something I cannot change overnight unfortunately."

The witch nodded and for the first time since the ritual, she held Rose back. Maybe she was silently showing her she had nothing to be worried about. That she is still trusting the right person.

After what seemed like an eternity, they let go of each other. Rose was thrilled when she saw the ocean blue dominating the raging red in her orbs. She gave her a warm smile, Florina did the same as well.

"I will never leave you again...never."

Florina nodded. Suddenly a loud shriek filled her mind, making her clasp her hands to her head in pain. "Florina, is everything fine?" Rose asked concerned.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HUMAN?! The Devil shrieked, DON'T ASSOCIATE YOURSELF WITH THAT PUNY CREATURE OR ELSE...

The witch cried out in pain when ten invisible needles stabbed her back side at once. She struggled against the chains that bound her to the cage as the raging pain grew. When the devil saw Florina was still silent and not obeying him, He made her recall the ritual once more.

No please! Please stop, I don't want to see it again, Florina cried in her mind.

Then you obey human!

She screamed, "I WILL OBEY MY OVERLORD!"

Florina pictured the Devil's smirking at that. Nevertheless, the pain slowly went away, leaving her body more weak and lethargic than ever before. She was panting as if she ran a thousand marathons, her cheeks stained with tears.

Rose got closer to Florina but the witch gave her a warning glare, the hungry red dominating the blue once more. The fairy froze in place and slowly nodded.

"Go away fairy," Florina whispered "the deed is done. You will just make everything worse."

***********

The potion's master began to wake up from the uncomfortable position he resided at. When he was fully awake, he looked around him wondering what got him to sleep so suddenly.