CHAPTER 16 : The Cursing Ritual

Italics = Past events

Trigger warning: Mild violence

"Wh-who are you?" Florina asked but her voice was so tiny that it came out as a few mumbles.

The devil however knew what she said and gave her a wide smirk making his gigantic face expand and his facial muscles stretch to lengths beyond normal.

"Didn't you hear me you imbecile Human?" he bellowed making the ground beneath the witch shake "I am your Overlord. That is how you are going to address me, am I clear?"

Florina wished she could stop her shaking body but she couldn't. In fact, the more she looked upon the gigantic face that held six horns on top of it, she felt her whole being shiver even more with fear. She tried to close her eyes but once again, she just couldn't. Her limbs were stiff as well as if they were glued to the ground by an invisible force.

The witch felt the pain of her broken limbs radiate through her entire body and she shed a few silent tears. She was being forced to face the gigantic creature without given the leisure to even blink no matter how hard she tried.

"Don't you know it is an offense to close your eyes when your Overlord is addressing you Human?!" Lucifer growled "Did your fairy teach you nothing? What a shame..."

The Devil's gigantic blood red eyes laid on the ghost, who was too terrified and frozen in place. Lucifer gave him his nasty enormous smirk "Well well well, what do we have here?"

He got closer to him with just one step towering massively on top of him, making the ghost appear extremely minute and puny in comparison.

"Still trying to be the undercover hero are we? Trying to act like I don't know what you do behind my back? Well... If you would like to stay and continue to be the hero, there is no one stopping you –"

"No, he won't!" Florina yelled finding her voice for the first time. She turned her head to Davies, her whole body still pinned to the ground "Please Davies. Please just go. I don't want you to go to hell because of me, please."

"But," Davies whispered "I-I promised Rose I won't leave you. I –"

"You got five seconds ghost or it will be a long straight way to one of my finest hotels," Lucifer smirked at him "The one your brother is currently rotting at. Five... four... three..."

"DAVIES!" Florina screamed at the ghost who was still making up his mind. Before Lucifer could finish his countdown, the ghost was up in the air. The devil stopped his countdown and turned to the witch his nasty smirk still plastered on his face.

"You are valueless. You don't mean anything to anyone and there is the proof," he pointed at the ghost who was still hovering in the air.

Davies gave the witch one final apologetic look and soared through the night sky without looking back. When he was gone, Lucifer looked down at Florina.

"Let us begin, shall we? Your Overlord is standing in front you human to give you the thirteen commandments. These commandments are the curse's rules and your duties to the Overlord. Are you going to accept your fate and willingly oblige or are you going to resist?"

Florina swallowed hard but tried her best to remain confident. She turned to him and shook her head, "I have no business taking orders from you Devil."

Lucifer nodded, smirking and turned to his two demons that were waiting patiently on either side of him. He nodded once to them. They instantly knew what they were supposed to do.