CHAPTER 2 : Rejected

Rose was in front of giant tree arch like gate, her heart beating heavily in her chest

She will never agree to this, she kept repeating in her head.

Two tall and buff fairies stood on either end of the gate holding golden spears and were armoured from head to toe with golden armour, their faces only visible. They are called the kamala twins or the Queen's personal guardians. As the fairy got closer, they blocked her path with their spears forming an X.

"State your division?" the kamala on the right spoke, his voice monotone and thick.

She took a deep breath cringing inwardly from his voice, "Superior Human's Saviours."

He stayed as monotone and impassive as ever nodding once curtly. "Your Carrier's current state?"

"Uh..." she swallowed visibly meeting his cold eyes with slight hesitation, "Nor-Normal."

He gave another curt nod. "Your Carrier's current loyalty?"

What are all these ridiculous questions? She thought angrily.

I was here just a few hours ago, they saw me here. Why are they asking me so many questions?

She tried to calm herself down as much as possible and ignored her anger.

"She is extremely loyal to our cause," she spat a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"State the reason of your visit?" the kamala on the right spoke once more, his thick voice filling her ears.

Rose cleared her throat trying to sound confident despite her slightly shaking hands, "I will inform her highness of a solution regarding my carrier's execution."

The other fairy on the left spoke in the same tone, "Your mission's password?"

"Evilingston's curse," she said as calmly as she could feeling her feet shuddering beneath her.

They nodded robotically in unison and finally removed their spears from the fairy's path allowing her to enter. Rose sighed glaring at the two monotone Kamalas and moved forward quickly before they change their minds and bombard her with a million more questions.

I wish Nixie could get rid of them already, Rose thought, they are extremely useless.

Nixie was sitting on her throne made of entwined green vines that were wrapped around the arms, legs and seat of the chair. Every long vine had red roses blooming along its length. Her throne always had that eccentric pulling force that would make every fairy kneel down in submission at the sight of its magnificence.

Her twin female Kamalas were standing on each side of the queen looking tall and magnificent as ever. When they spotted Rose, they gave her an elegant smile and bowed. Rose did the same.

The queen turned to Rose, the dark red blood eyes pouring into Rose's caramel ones. Nixie seemed slightly surprised at Rose's visit but regardless she gave Rose her seductive smile.