March 15, 2019

One Sleepless Night

It seemed like a very long time to be asleep. Especially when your eyes wouldn't shut and your brain won't either.

Living in a world where reading is everything, that's what I did. I pulled out a book I got in the Discovery the other day by the Writer, OpaDopa. A lot of Writers don't like using their real names, but there are select ones who do.

This book I was reading was considered a Vampire genre, and some how it ended up in our Teen Fiction Discovery. It was good, so I gave them Votes through the back of each book. That's the thing, almost all the books are electronic in some way shape or form.

After I had finished reading all the updates, I decided to pull out my writing tablet. My very secret, writing tablet. If my parents knew that this is what I bought with my birthday money, I would be kicked out immediately. We literally have a sign on the front of our house that says, "Readers only". Not even lying. It's ridiculous.

Anyways, I pulled it out and began typing another update. I barely had any readers, but there were a few faithful ones who probably were bored and found my story in their Discovery.

But, in the middle of writing, my hand became stiff, and my brain on hold. Like something was blocking— oh no. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Going down Writers block earlier today messed it up. It messed up my groove, even though I was considered a Reader, I still wrote.

I quickly went out of the writing update, and went to my desk to see notifications about updates from books I was reading, when I saw I had a message.

It was odd.. I never had been talked to other than my family before. I was cautious on opening it, but did so anyways.

It was from an account called "TheSunWillCome". The message read: Hi! I love your story, it's so so amazing what you've done with the characters. They have so much life, and so much passion, it's incredible! Hopefully one day you'll be a famous Writer! Keep at it! You're doing incredible.

I was in pure shock. It somehow gave me motivation, and suddenly the block was gone, and I replied back to the sweet message. Grabbing my Writers tablet, I wrote. I wrote all night until morning.

And I was so thankful for that note that cleared my mild case of block. It was nice to be noticed, loved, acknowledged. Even if it was a tiny bit.