Chapter 6 - The first outburst

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 6~

[Be home early tonight]

-Taehyung-ie

Joohyun was staring still on her phone, unable to decipher Taehyung's message. She was unsure if he is just reminding her not to be too late home as she has told him about visiting and taking care of her aunt. Brushing off the tinge apprehensive feeling the message gave her, she went back into her room.

"Who was that?" Jin asked, casually.

Joohyun shrugged, "I don't see anyone." Placing her violin into the case, she said "Eemo today will be starting the new phase treatment. I'll be staying with her till late night, do you want to join me or you have other plan?"

Jin shook his head, "my only plan is to be wherever you are..." he had a teasing smile on his face. The smile grew wider when he saw her blushing heavily at his remarks.

"Tch..." she hit on his arm lightly. "You better behave when you see eemo."

"I always behave in front of your parents and aunt, didn't I?" he whispered to her ear from behind before following her footsteps towards the exit.

-

When they arrived at the ward, the nurses were checking on Yoonhwa's condition. The woman looked pale and weak, she had just come out from the treatment room. Pacing up to her side, Joohyun placed the bag of books at the side table and helped her aunt to sit upright.

"How are you feeling, eemo?" Joohyun held on her fragile shoulders while fixing on the pillow behind her so that she could lean on it comfortably. "How's your body reacting to the new medicine?"

Closing her eyes, an assuring smile formed on her face "still bearable, this is way better than the previous stage. So, don't worry, silly..." her voice was frail as she caressed on Joohyun's face. "I see someone familiar is here..."

"Annyeonghaseyo Yoonhwa Ajuhmma, it's me, Kim Seokjin," Jin greeted with a formal bow.

"Oh...Jin-ah, you are back from US," Yoonhwa eyed teasingly at Joohyun which she avoided it. "What brings you back Jin-shi, you ought to be very busy with the year-end shows preparations with your orchestra."

"Just call me Jin will do, Yoonhwa Ajuhmma," Jin took a seat at the couch, "I can't really be at ease to have Johnny alone handling the Joint Project. I need to make sure our first partnership to be perfect."

"If that's the case, you'll be staying in Korea for some time?" Yoonhwa's eyes turned to Joohyun who was still standing beside her.

"Yes, if the reception of the Joint Project is good, we might be able to work something out with Yoonhwa Orchestra (YHO)," Jin explained. "I have something in mind so I'm seeing Mrs. Hwang tomorrow for further discussion, at least for now that's my plan."

Joohyun was flabbergasted by his revelation, she rasped "Jin oppa, you never mention anything to me about this previously. This is rather sudden..."

"You too never tell me about rejecting our offer," Jin spat. He was not pleased with her reaction as he was hoping to see her delighted with the news.

Joohyun was stunned with his reply, she opened her mouth wanting to fight back but no words can be formed out that very minute. Seeing the tension growing between the two young adults, the feeble woman tried to ease the atmosphere.

"It's a regret that I can't join you all for this project," Yoonhwa looked down on her clasped hands. "I don't even remember when was the last I hold a concert for the orchestra. There's nothing that I have done to improvise the team."