Chapter 9 - A Step into the Past

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 9~

8 years ago, Spring 2010...

"Kim Taehyung!!!" Joohyun used her very last ounce of strength to yelled at the sleeping mischief-maker after climbing the long flight of stairs to the rooftop. "Are you going to spend all your time here daily?" she panted, her chest was heaving unstoppably.

Putting on his headphones without opening his eyes despite knowing the tutor was already at her max irritation, he continued his sleep on the bench with his arms crossed and rested on his abdomen. Just by looking at his face was sufficed to irked her badly. After regulating her breathing on the bench, Joohyun took out her study notes and began to recite the names of the kings of Joseon Dynasty. She knew he wouldn't listen to her so she decided to at least not let him sleep comfortably.

Joohyun's voice was getting louder, "King Jeongjong, 1938 to 1400, King Taejong, 1400 to 1418, King Sejong..."

"YAH!!" Taehyung jolted up from his sleep and shot Joohyun a deadly glare. "Are you giving a history lecture here?"

"Historical lecture," Joohyun closed her book and turned to Taehyung with a challenging stare, "it can help you sleep better, isn't it Young Master Taehyung?"

All of sudden, he stood from the bench and pulled her up before pushing her back on a nearby pillar. By now, she could somehow read his moves and knew what he was up to. Joohyun knew he would be frightening her with his lips again. She immediately covered her mouth when he closed in in the speed of light.

Taehyung snorted, "Very clever?" in split second, he pulled her hand away and captured her lips while staring into her widened eyes.

She was struggling to push the strong boy before her. When he felt she was drumming her petite fists on his chest, he leaned in harder and tilted his head to deepen the kiss. Her hands began to tremble when his tongue licked on her lips. He held on her wrists and placed it above her head, locking it firmly against the pillar.

He finally released her when she attempted to bite on his lower lip, "stop trying to appear to be feisty in front of me," he breathed heavily, affected by the hot kiss they shared. "I'm not interested with you."

She pushed hard on his chest and stepped away from him and made sure there were a few feet gap between them. "Are you some kind of rapist or molester? I warn you not to kiss me again or you'll regret!!"

"Even if I am, you won't be shortlisted given your standard," he said whilst wiping on his lips with his back of palm. "I'm not interested with you, Bae Joohyun. Get lost!"

"What do you mean by my standard and who said that I'm interested with you!" she was offended by him. "Do you even know what a kiss meant for a girl and you kept kissing me without my permission, you idi..."

Before she could say further, he grabbed on her nape and pulled her to him again to stop her babble. She could feel his breathing hitting her. A smirk formed on his face, "you're too noisy, do you know that?" caressing on her cheek, he said "so what does it mean to you? I'm sure our first kiss wasn't your first."

He could feel the fast beats of her heart and the change on her face disturbed him in some way. "This will be my last warning to you. You have spent a month plus following around without achieving something, you should give up now. I won't co-operate with you."

-

Trailing behind Taehyung from the rooftop to the locker area, Joohyun did not utter a word. He noticed after the mention of her first kiss, she was very quiet unlike the usual her who would not miss a chance to force him in agreeing to her request. The sound of him dribbling the basketball woke her up from the trance of thoughts.