Chapter 19 - The Truth

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter19~

Joohyun ran towards the bus stand in tears, she needed to rush back to the hospital and talked to Yoon Hwa after learning the truth that had been hidden from her for all her life. Suddenly, a luxurious car stopped by the bus stand before her. Looking up to the bizarre car, her eyes widened when the window was wind down, revealing the person inside.

"Get in..."

"I'm in a rush, I'll see you another time," Joohyun refused and wanting to walk away. Her heart was beating unusually fast.

"you wouldn't want troubles start finding your family," and the same alarming voice halted her footsteps. Turning to the lady she came to fear the most, she got in the car reluctantly.

Meanwhile, Taehyung immediately got into his car and sped towards the bus stand. From a far, he noticed Joohyun got into a familiar car and as he saw the car plate number, he realized it was his family car which often used by his parents. He tailed behind the car in a safe distance.

-

The car pulled to a stop after a good 15 minutes' drive. Joohyun look out from the window and noticed they were at a coffee shop, the place she came to fear the most ever since the conversation they had 7 years ago. Following the lady's footsteps into the café, the same ominous feeling haunting her again. Min Hae Sook brought her up to the upper floor taking a seat on the exact same table. When the waiter took their order, Joohyun remembered that man. It was the same person who served them then as well and she assumed he must be the owner of the café.

"I never thought I would need to see you again after so many years," Min Hae Sook said while watching the waitress placed their order on the table.

Instantaneously, Joohyun took the teapot and filled up Min Hae Sook's cup. She remembered very well what the older lady said when she met her 7 years ago. Her hand was shaking while pouring the tea.

"After 7 years, you still have not changed," Min Hae Sook said while checking on the diamond rings around her fingers. Joohyun peeped at her in fear, unsure what she would be saying next. "Oh no, I should complement you," she laughed, sarcastically. "Now you're even better, stoop so low to an extent of becoming a third party, sticking to a married man. What do we call that?"

Joohyun lowered her head, placing her clasped hands on her lap.

"A whore?"

Min Hae Sook never fail to impress Joohyun with her malign and spiteful insults. At that very moment, she wanted to leave so much but her body was not listening to her. She was too shocked to even more.

"7 years ago, didn't you leave him so that he could have a brighter future? He's married with someone who could help his career, why would you want to kill him now?" her vicious voice was killing Joohyun. "How worthless can you be, you even choose to be his mistress?"

If words could kill a person, Min Hae Sook would be a serial killer Joohyun thought. No matter how much she wanted to fight back, Joohyun couldn't find the right thing to say. And perhaps, the little one in her do agree what she was saying, Joohyun thought. She's indeed Taehyung's mistress.

"Did you forget what I said 7 years ago?"

-Winter 2011-

"You've been Taehyung's tutor for quite some time, how's his performance?"

"Taehyung-ssi had been doing very well, in the latest performance examination, his results were way above the teachers' expectation," Joohyun explained and briefed the lady on her son's performance.