Chapter 11 - A Step Into the Magic Shop

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 11~

"You would run away from me and never come back..."

"Be my girlfriend then," Taehyung's voice echoed in Joohyun's ears. The simple yet petrifying four words send her into a cold sweat, the sound of her thumping heart was audible to him. His intention was only to tease the girl in his arm now but he wasn't sure why would these four words came out so effortlessly. And now, it was as if her tense heartbeats have affected him; his heart was beating unearthly fast.

Seeing her frightened face, still not showing her, he too was affected by the moment, he giggled before closing in more to her, making their face only an inch apart. "Why are you so scared? I'm just playing with you. You looked like you just saw a ghost."

She pushed on his chest and stepped back "don't you have any other better things to do? Your mischievousness is really getting on my nerve!"

Leaning his back on the high table bar, he noticed how she was playing with her own interlocked fingers on the table, it was obvious that she's avoiding his eye contact. Placing his arm on her shoulder, he asked "would you say yes if I'm serious?"

She shrugged her shoulder and made him pulled his hand back, "Aish...stop it, Kim Taehyung."

"But the way you protected me, people may misunderstand you're my girlfriend. You gulped down the tablets with the thoughts it was drugs," he crouched to meet her eyes directly "why is that? Don't tell me you're falling for me, Ms. Tutor."

"Yah..." she turned to him then pushed him stepped back a little to lengthen their small gap, "that's because I'll be in trouble if you are in a mess. Did you hear me correctly? I'm asking you to get a girlfriend to feel some love and not I'll be your girlfriend to give you love." She gabbled, angrily.

He raised his arms, surrendered "Alright, I'll stop making fun of you." Taking another sip of his drink, he said "girlfriend is not my thing, having one would only give me more problems and she'll be in trouble too. I was never good with girls. I've had enough of those shit."

"Basically, you became enemies with Hanbin and gang over a girl?"

"Well, it wasn't that I want, they made it looked that way. Anyway, I don't even remember how she looks."

"Daebak, so you're only on flings? You're a real player, a Casanova?"

"I've not play any girl, Bae Joohyun," he stated, seriously. His stern face surprised her. "I'm not fond with girls."

She frowned, "I hope you're not a gay and Jimin oppa is not your target."

He rolled his eyes, irritated "don't tell people which school you're from, nonsense!" pinching on her nose playfully, he asked "what about you, you have dozens of fanboys wooing you, not even one is up to your standard?"

Lowering her head, he could see a tinge sadness on her face despite she tried hard in hiding it. "All I want now is to complete my studies and get a scholarship. Nothing should sway me for now." Turning to him after puffing out a lengthy relieved breath, she noticed her lipsticks stains were still all over his jaw and chin. She took a Kleenex and reached out her hand to wipe off for him "I'm sorry..."

Understanding her meaning, he tilted up his head so she could have a better view "what's with the kiss, I thought you were overtaken by some evil spirit then."

"I was buying time, if they came in and saw me holding the tablets which are kept in a bag without a clinic's name, I guarantee we would spend our night in the cell."

"As much as I appreciate what you did earlier, but are you going to pull such stunt for whoever that person is?" he sounded concern, "if those are really drugs and you took all of it in one go, you can die due to overdose, do you not know that?"