Chapter 7 - The Inevitable Wedding

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 7~

"Basically, that's the requests put forth by them," Jimin leaned his back on the chair before looking up to his boss. "A positive note, President Lee hinted to me that based on his meeting with Chairman Choi's, these requests are not rigid."

Holding on his chin with serious thoughts running through his head, Taehyung looked up to the man seated before him, "arrange a meeting with Chairman Choi for next week, we'll need to close this deal by this month."

"You do know he is based in London right," Jimin rested his elbows on the table and leaned in looking serious. "Your wedding is this Saturday, my friend."

Clicking on his mouse, he turned away from the computer screen to Jimin, "what's the matter? My schedule looks fine next week, I can travel."

"This may be an arranged marriage but still you need to put on a show," Jimin stated. "It won't look nice for you to leave your wife alone right after the wedding."

"We need to seal this deal before uncle butt in," Taehyung continued signing on the remaining documents. "Just do it, okay?"

Jimin sighed while making notes on his ipad.

"Yes, Park Jimin," Taehyung knew his friend was staring at him. He turned his attention to him and asked "spill it out, what do you want to ask?"

Pointing his index finger at his friend, Jimin's finger was turning in circle at Taehyung's tie and shirt. "I find you looked different this past week. The colour combination of your tie and shirt, it's not as loud as you were before...I mean it gives out a maturity vibe."

"She'd been preparing my suit for me ever since she moved in."

"What happened to you at Hoseok hyung's place last night? It's unlike you to be so reckless got knocked out before getting home," Jimin frowned at the thought of last night incident.

Closing the file before him, Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, "there are times where I wanted to be unconscious and just leave everything behind." He heaved a heavy sigh, "last night was one of the moments which I wanted to not feel anything, to not think anything and above all, to be normal for once."

"Something happened between you and Joohyun?" Jimin asked in fear, "you lose control? You brought her into that room, did you?" his voice laced with panic.

Taehyung shook his head, he did not even try to hide anything and was honest to his confidant. "No on the room but yes on losing control, you knew that room was meant for the random, right." He leaned on his chair, brow furrowed, "She's still affecting me so much, just like before." His eyes gradually closed, remembering the moments they shared this morning.

Taehyung wasn't sure how did he got home last night and ended up on his bed after drinking the new hard liquor made by Hoseok. The glaring sunlight has woken him up from his inebriated sleep. As he moved, he realized Joohyun was holding on his hand and her head laid on his chest. Brushing her hair to the back, he gently stroked his fingers on her face, admiring her serene, soundly asleep face. Watching her sleeping had always been something he likes doing in the past, his gaze on her would instinctively turned tranquil. Getting up lightly, he held firmly on her but making sure he doesn't wake her. The moment he carried her in his hands, Joohyun eyes opened. They stared into each other eyes for some time and their closeness made her blushed heavily.

He knew what she was thinking and of course he didn't miss the chance of teasing her, "Don't worry, I won't take you now. I have a meeting in the morning so, lucky you." Placing her on the bed and made sure her head rested on his pillow, he smirked "guess I'd behaved last night since your clothes are still intact. Get some sleep, I bet you would have body ache looking at the way you slept last night." He ruffled her hair before stepping into the bathroom.