Chapter 8 - Love Letter

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 8~

Joohyun had settled down comfortably on the couch and was reading the latest book that was released by her favorite author after coming back from the hotel. Her attention was averted to the door when he heard the sound of someone keying in the password. Other than the owner of the house, she can't think of who else would be here at this hour but, it's his first night with Jennie. Watching him entered the penthouse with a blazing face of expression, she knew something might have happened again and it seemed odds-on she would be in trouble.

The petite lady frowned seeing Taehyung stomped towards her direction, she asked "why are you back again, it's your wedding night."

He yanked her up and pulled her to him causing the book in her hand dropped on the carpet under the coffee table. His voice was fierce, "where were you, why didn't you answer my calls?"

She was stunned by his sudden rage and before she could answer, he continued "I've told you, just because I'm a little nice, that doesn't mean you can forget your place and your role here."

At that very moment she felt so low, tears welled up in her eyes. Earlier in the morning she thought perhaps they could live together like how other ordinary couple do for two years but now she knew it was impossible. She was feeling the same pain she experienced seven years ago. She will never be good enough for him as she is just a slave he paid to service him.

Joohyun turned to the kitchen when the kettle whistle sound filled the house. She withdrew her hand from his and paced hurriedly to the kitchen to turn off the fire but her shaking hand uncoordinatedly made contact on the kettle.

"Ahhh..." she shrieked, face grimaced.

Taehyung ran up to her swiftly upon seeing what happened. Grabbing hold on her snowy hand, he noticed how red the burn had turned into. He quickly pulled her towards the basin and rinsed her hand on the running water.

"Tch..." he frowned while mumbling "why are you still so clumsy, what am I supposed to do with you?"

Looking at his lightened face of expression, she retorted "This wouldn't have happened if you didn't storm towards me without giving me a chance to explain."

"So it's my fault now?" he tilted his lowered head and eyed at her with his hard stare. She pouted and looked away not wanting to answer his question. She knew he would not admit to his mistake given his unreasonable personality.

When she felt him turned off the water tap, she wanted to pull her hand back from him but he was holding it strongly but he ensured it doesn't hurt her. Taking one of the clean hand towel from the drawer, he gently wiped her hand and touched on the burn area.

"Pain?" he looked into her eyes, caringly.

Her heart pulsed in a strange rhythm upon meeting his eyes, "No."

"Wait in the living room, I'll get the ointment."

While he was applying the ointment on her hand, she timidly explained "I left my phone in the orchestra practice room. It's too late for me to retrieve it now so I'll go get it tomorrow morning."

He nodded his head, eyes still on her hand.

"Why did you come back, you just got married," Joohyun's voice was low.

"Why didn't you join them at Hoseok's place?" Taehyung ignored her question and queried her. He looked at her and waited for her response.

"Would you want me to go?"

He rolled his eyes, annoyed "don't answer me with another question."

"But you dodged my question first."