Chapter 2

The next morning when I wake up, my stomach is growling with hunger.

I turn to look at the watch on my night stand and it reads 13:06.

"Shit." I practically jump off the bed.

Claire and Charles must be so mad, I don't know if they had plans for us today, but I don't think they'll be happy with the idea of me waking up past noon.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit."

I decide on taking a shower later and just slip into a t-shirt and wiggle myself in a pair of black leggings and head out my room, jogging down the stairs.

It isn't until I pass the living room for the third time, that I notice that the whole house is really quiet.

"Claire? Charles?"

After a few seconds of utter silence, I come to terms with the idea that I'm by myself and head to the kitchen to get something to eat.

There is a brown a bag in the middle of the kitchen island with a note stick to it.

Blair, we didn't want to wake you. Here's some food in case you get hungry, see you tonight. C&C.

"God bless'em." I said out loud as I opened the bag.

I was about to devour what looked like the fanciest cheeseburger ever, when I noticed that they also left a few tourists maps out for me.

I know the obvious thing to do is use Google Maps, but I stopped using my phone after everything that happened.

The plan is to get one today, but I don't know if I trust the distance I have put between me and my past just yet.

I smile picturing Claire and Charles thinking of this; maps are perfect, this way I won't get lost and I still get to keep my anonymity.

After I finished eating, I took a quick shower and changed into the same outfit I had chosen earlier and added a pair of white sneakers.

I examined myself in the mirror.

One of the things the PR people from the studio had recommended me, was not to stand out.

"Don't dye your hair crazy colors."

"Try not to use designer's clothes or flashy logos."

"Lay low on the night life."

"Definitely not going to get noticed." I said to myself. I was wearing one of the many concert t-shirts I had stolen from my mom's closet, you could tell it was old because of the faded ACDC logo in the front.

After being torn between sunglasses screaming 'UNDERCOVER' or not, I decide to wear my black Wayfarers and grab my camera before heading out the door.

My dramatic exit was ruined by me having to come back to get the maps, but it was a good thing because I had also forgotten to put on a watch.

I don't know if a have a curfew, but I set the alarm for six thirty in order to be back by seven.

It takes me about ten minutes to reach the main entrance. The land where the house is built on is huge and I make a mental reminder to explore it later.

Before crossing the street, I write down on my hand the name of it in case I get lost and I need to ask for directions.

I know that the studio is somewhere around here, and it only takes me a few turns before I find myself standing in front of the big white façade.