Chapter 6

"I can't believe you just did that." I say to Claire as I close the door behind us.

Even though it's almost six in the afternoon because of the summer schedule, the sunlight is still bright and shinning through the glass window.

"Harry's such a wonderful boy." Claire beams. "Plus, did you know he's in a band?" She says wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Stop!" I say trying to stifle a laugh. "You're can't do that when he's here tonight!"

"Do what?" Charles appears in the kitchen and plants a quick kiss on Claire's forehead.

"Your wife is playing cupid." I say to Charles and Claire gasps.

"Now now, Blair. I never said anything about you two pairing up, that was all you." She says with a grin and Charles gives me an amused smile.

"Ugh." I say letting out a groan. "I'm leaving now." I say as I start to walk away from the laughing pair and upstairs to my room. 

Two hours until this weird family dinner with Harry takes place and I can already tell it's going to be so awkward.

In the meantime, I decide to put my new phone to use and call my dad. We haven't spoke since I got here and hopefully, he misses his only daughter.

"William Mistaw." His hoarse voice answers after the second tone.

"You really need to dial it down with the cigars, William." I say and he immediately recognizes my voice. "Took you long enough." He answers me with a serious tone.

"Well, you did make me flight coach." I say and I hear his laughter followed by a cough fit.

"You said you wanted to go unnoticed." He mocks me and I roll my eyes at him even though he can't see me. "How are you, kiddo?"

"We visited Buckingham Palace today." 

"You did? Did you pull any funny faces to try to corrupt the guards?"

"Of course, you would think of doing that." I tell him laughing. I can totally picture him making a fool out of himself just to make mom and I laugh.

"Oh, right. I forgot you're like, totally cool." He says with what to him, is a Valley accent.

"First, I don't speak like that. Second, when are you coming?" I ask him.

"I wanted to go in a few days, but we still don't have a court date." He sighs.

Because I'm a minor, my dad's lawyers recommended that we sue Steffan for distribution of child pornography; and even though you can't even see any compromising body parts, it's still illegal to share that type of content without my consent.

"Thanks for taking care of it." I say in a small voice. "The only thing you should be thanking me for, is not unleashing Coco's fury on the prick." He says trying to lighten the mood and I fake a small laugh.

The least I can do, is make him feel like he's good at distracting me from this drama.

"How's my baby?" I ask him. Coco is my dog, the most perfect living creature on this planet.

"Demanding little thing. Can you believe he follows me around the house? Everywhere."

"He likes company!" I say laughing. I can totally picture the fluffy Yorkie chasing around my dad, demanding to be pet.

"Everywhere, Blair. Even the bathroom." He says exasperated and this time a genuine laugh escapes me.

We stay talking for a while longer and I forget about the time, until I hear the doorbell ring.