Chapter 15

We walk back towards the house in silence.

From the corner of my eye I see Harry glancing at me a couple of times, but he doesn't say anything, and I don't address his actions either.

When we reach the porch, I start climbing the steps, but Harry's hand stops me. He's taller than me and because I'm standing on higher ground, when I turn around, our eyes meet at the same height.

I know he's been debating the whole way back whether to say something or not and even though I enjoy seeing him nervous, I'm dying of curiosity to know what's on his mind.

"You can say it." I tell him through a smile. He looks confused, so I go on. "How I look so tough, but you finally got me talking or whatever." I say playfully rolling my eyes at him.

Harry laughs and the sight of his dimples physically relax me. "You do wear a lot of black." He says playfully pulling at the hem of my shirt.

"And?" I raise my eyebrows to encourage him to speak. Harry's smile grows bigger and the nervous grin makes him look even more adorable.

"Just say it!" I say whilst playfully shaking him by the shoulders.

"I just..." Harry sighs, making his dimples fade. He looks down before shaking his head and looking back up at me again. "I need to make sure that you know that I am not Steffan."

His comment takes me by surprise, and I drop my arms from his shoulders to my side and Harry's hands are quick to find mine but this time, I don't pull away.

"Earlier when I asked you, if he had broken your heart, you answered that he never loved you." I feel a lump forming on my throat as he speaks. "But you didn't answer my question."

Out of reflex, I free my hands from his and I cross my arms in front of my chest protectively.

Harry steps closer to me and begs, "Don't pull away from me." His voice is filled with hurt, but my mind tells me the feeling is out of pity for me. It has to be.

When I don't say anything, his right hand finds a spot on the left side of my neck that feels designed for him.

He's standing so close; I can feel the warmth of his breath tickle my lips. His thumb caresses the spot behind my ear and his eyes hold mine with such intensity, I'm afraid I've stopped breathing.

I look down at his lips and both fear and crave what's about to happen. Harry doesn't move, waiting for me to grant him consent and I give in.

I close my eyes and press my lips against his and I swallow the reaction of a gasp my sudden action has on him.

At first, he's still and in shock but he composes himself almost immediately and I feel him press my lips back with much force and certainty than I did his.

I pull away breathless and I open my eyes and find Harry just as out of breath as I am.

The rapid falling movement of his chest and his pink lips make me smile and I kiss him again. This time, I'm much surer and my hands rush to his hair, not being able to keep themselves from touching him.

I feel Harry's left-hand snake around my waist and in a fast movement, he pulls me closer to him. When our bodies clash, my mouth opens with surprise and he takes the opportunity to snake his tongue inside my mouth.

I moan with pleasure and feel my cheeks heat at the sound that just emerged from me but when Harry chuckles against my lips, I can tell he takes it at a compliment. I smack him on the arm for laughing at me and break away from the kiss smiling.

We stay holding each other for a while until Harry's phone goes off and the realization of time, takes over the magic.

I grab Harry's hand in mine and lead us both inside the house. We pass by the kitchen collecting the jacket of his tux and say our goodbyes on the foyer by the front door.

I think he's debating whether to kiss me goodnight or not, when his phone starts ringing again.

"You should get that," I tell him. "it seems urgent."

He pulls out his phone and barely even reads the name on the screen before declining the call.

"Can I see you tomorrow?"

Harry's voice sounds calmed but his pleading eyes betray his cool persona.

"Sure." I try to answer nonchalantly like it isn't the best question I've ever been asked.

His lips form into a grin, and I feel my knees go weak. "That went better that I thought." He says smoothly sliding his arms into his jacket.

I take a step closer to Harry to help him fix his shirt collar and he speaks again. "Honestly thought you were gonna make me beg." His voice turned into a whisper and his tone is no longer playful but sincere.

"Ugh." I sigh dramatically. "Ask me again."

Harry is quick catching up with my joke and lets out a bark of laughter before giving me a quick peck on the lips. "That's for trying to back out."

My body hasn't had a chance to start functioning again, when Harry presses his lips against mine once more. This time, his hands hold on to my neck and his tongue sways itself inside my mouth and I melt against him for a few seconds before he pulls away.

"And that's for saying yes to a date with me." I haven't even had time to register what just happened when he's already starting his car.

"Hey!" I call out at him. "I did not agree on a date." I yell from the door and he waves back at me excitedly.

"I can't wait either!" He answers me back, completely dismissing what I've just said.

I laugh and wave back at him and as I watch him drive away, my brain takes over my heart and I come into realization with the fact that I just kissed Harry.

My right-hand flies to my lips, as if making sure it wasn't just a fixture of my imagination.

I close the door and when I turn around and see that he's forgotten the bowtie, the feeling that I'm walking on clouds takes over me again and I have a piece of clothing that smells like Heaven to prove it was all real.

But as I'm walking upstairs, I can't help but wonder if the pounding in my chest is excitement of feeling like in a dream or fear of walking into a nightmare.

RIGHT?!

It's a short chapter but I didn't want the first kiss between these two to go by unnoticed. 

What did you think?? It was a loooong wait and we finally have a little action.

Please tell me in the comments what are your thoughts and show me if you're enjoying the story by voting!

Thank you for reading, B.