Chapter 3 - Best forced friend ever!

The little boy walked away from Harrison's magic camp. Constantly sighing and kicking rocks, "Hey, what's gotten you so down?" The little boy looked up and saw Gwen's tall co counselor, David, "I'm bored, Harrison and Nerris are busy and I don't know what to do..." pouted the raven haired child, scratching at his bandaid, "Have you tried talking to the other campers?"
Asked the red headed male as he kneeled down to the little boy, "No... I don't think they'll want to play either..." Max's lip trembled as his voice started to get shakier, David wasn't good at calming crying people. Gosh, he can't even calm himself from crying, but he had to do something. The redheaded male looked uneasily around as he patted Max's back, and then he spotted Nikki. A short, pale skinned girl with aqua green hair. Her eyes were painted a light pink , but despite the nice colors, they were cold and were always filled with hatred. Her hair was loose and was never tied, accompanied with a dark, blood red hoodie she wore at all times, even in hot days, never knew why.
David then glanced at Nikki and then to Max, he had an idea, "Hey Max! Nikki wants to play with you, she said she would love a new friend!" He said the word 'love' with more force and louder volume, just to get the aqua haired girl's attention. The female walked over to David and whispered towards him, "No! No I don-" before she could finish, David covered her mouth with his right hand, "yes you do" he replied through his clenched teeth, all he got in response was an eye roll and a loud groan from Nikki. The redheaded co counselor then released his hand from the aqua haired girl's mouth, "you motherfucker" she mouthed, "little shit" David smirked.
He looked over to Max who was now sniffing, "this isn't the Max I know, he never gives up on making friends and being the social butterfly he is. Look, little Nikki here wants to play with you, right Nikki?" He turned to the magenta eyed girl, "right" she rolled her eyes, looking over to the raven haired boy, who's eyes was sparkling, "Wowie! A new friend!" He exclaimed, hastily wiping off tears that were about to fall.
Walking over to Nikki and holding out his hand, "I'm Max!" He smiled, "Nikki." She flatly stated, pushing away Max's hand, "you two have fun! And stay out of trouble." David yelled as he walked away, "So! What are we gonna do?" The young boy asked excitedly, "Dunno." she replied with no expression whatsoever, "How about a nature walk?
I love doing that!" Max turned to Nikki, "Especially with my friends, like you!" He  smiled, grabbing Nikki's arm, "Hey! What the fu-" "Let me show you my secret place!"
———
I'll just give 'lil Maxie a new "friend" here. And yeah, where's Neil? You might ask. Yeah, he'll be there after a few chapters, don't worry. Anyways, criticism is appreciated! Helps me improve!