Chapter 10 - Is there a docter in the house?

Disclaimer: not Maxvid, don't kill me
——-
"Okay Max, the only source of drinks are in the Mess hall's kitchen. This camp's so stupid, the only place we can get water is the river!" Nikki then shook Max's arm to make sure he was paying attention, "You listening?" She asked, her short friend nodding in response.

"So, you sneak in the mess hall before making sure that QM isn't there. Then, you walk to the kitchen, grab two juice boxes, and run outside. Got it?" Max looked at Nikki with a puzzled expression, "Why can't I just enter the Mess hall normally, grab some juice, and walk out?" He asked, Nikki knocked on Max's head, causing him to rub it afterwards.

"Would you rather get caught in the act, or not? I swear, you can be so stupid sometimes..." she snapped, mumbling the last part, "Now go! We don't want to stick here for too long!" The green haired female then pushed her friend out of the bushes, "Okay! Okay!" He whisper-yelled, running towards the Mess hall.

***

"Get juice, run out. Get juice, run out. Get juic-" Max stopped when he saw the shoes of a familiar co counselor he recognized, "Oh no..." He then slowly looked up, one eye closed, just to meet two pairs of dark green eyes, glaring at his light green ones, "Oh yes, you're coming with me buddy" David then picked up Max by his hood, since his hoodie was a tad bit oversized, he didn't choke.

Meanwhile, Nikki was still hiding in the bushes nearby the Mess hall. Basically right in front of the windows. And because of that, she could clearly see that Max got caught red-handed, "Fuck!" She gasped, completely forgetting the fact that David wasn't with Gwen. She had to do something, one way or another.

The redheaded co counselor set the small boy on a chair in the counselor's cabin, "Okay," he sighed, "Explanation." Max looked up at David's piercing green eyes, he did not want to fuck with him at the moment, "Well, I..." Max bit his lip as he played with his fingers, clearly visible that he wasn't going to talk any further, it wasn't his choice, he was nervous.

"Why aren't you with Gwen? You're always with Gwen! Unless..." David observed Max, head to toe, "What have you been doing?" He then took out a leaf from Max's hair. But, to be honest, it was pretty normal for Max to have certain objects in his hair, including gum that came straight out from Neil's mouth. Disgusting.

"Not talking, huh?" The redheaded male sighed and covered his face, groaning loudly, clearly unhappy to be dealing with children at the moment, he wasn't in the mood, "Don't leave, you're staying here 'till Gwen and everyone else comes back." He informed, walking away from the young boy and towards his desk, where a cup of coffee was sitting.

Max sat on his chair in silence, swinging his legs back and forth out of boredom, "Hey David," He said as David was sipping his cup of coffee. He hummed in response, but unenthusiastically, "Why didn't you go with Gwen on her activity?" David widened his eyes and set his cup back on the table, "I felt tired." Max tilted his head in confusion, "Gwen said you didn't feel good..." David sighed, "Yeah, and that..." Max grinned, David don't like the look on his face.

"If you're sick, a doctor must take care of you! Good thing I am here! There there Mr. patient, Doctor Max is gonna take care of you! Now, go lay down in bed, I don't want my patient getting even more sick!" He then pushed David towards a bed in the counselor cabin, making him fall onto it, "I'm fine, Max. I'm just feeling a little tired, that's all." He sighed, rubbing the back of his head.

"Nonsense! You're unwell, and I'm going to take care of you so you feel better in no time!" The raven haired boy pushed the co counselor onto the bed even more, making him lay down so he could spread a blanket across him.