Chapter 8 - "Break the rules"

In the middle of the mess hall seated the three troublesome campers named, Neil, Nerris, and Preston. The leader, Neil, was a rude kid who liked teasing people. He was one of the cool kids at camp, along with his other friends.

But Preston was even worse, he was the bully of the camp, he liked comforting people as well as beating them up, and threatening them for their pocket money.

Nerris was just powerful, she was in the group because of her illusions. No, magic. She could make anything unnatural happen with the snap of a finger. Nerris was also a mischievous girl, she liked playing tricks on kids. Mostly Max, because of his "pathetic reactions", like how she voiced it.

Since Max has always been pestered and teased, he had gotten used to it, which saddened Gwen and Nikki.

All of the campers went outside as ordered, and followed Gwen in a not-so-very-straight line. The olive skinned female stopped near a small table, with a smaller cage placed on top of it
"Is everybody here?" She asked, her voice raised. Nobody answered, "Great!" She beamed.
Meanwhile, Max and Nikki were at the back of the line, not able to hear anything that Gwen said, "What'd she say?" Max whispered to Nikki, "Don't ask me, I don't know either!" Nikki barked, keeping her voice low, "Let's meet our camp mascot..." Gwen paused and took out a small, light brown hamster, "Larry the hamster!" The violet eyed counselor smiled, letting the small hamster to stand on her palm.

Instead, it was whacked to the air with a baseball bat that Preston was holding. Sending the light brown hamster soaring through the sky, screaming as it was sent to spooky island.

David - who was next to Gwen the whole time - glared at Preston, walked up to him, and yelled to him about how they have to find a new mascot. And recruited them all to follow him, including Gwen. He still had no facial expression whatsoever.
***
The campers were all gathered up near the lake to 'find a new camp mascot' Gwen, who was explaining the rules, kept a keen eye on Neil and his gang. What she didn't realize was that David wasn't nearby, but the other campers noticed.

Max was the first one to speak up, "Gwen, where's David?" The olive skinned counselor glanced at Max, wide eyed, "I think David just felt unwell after what just happened. So, we'll just find a mascot without him."

She grinned before assisting another camper, "Maybe he's not here because of his 'anxiety attacks' he has" Max said calmly, Nikki's expression changed to a more worried look, or even sympathetic. Before she could ask, she spotted QM dragging a big bag that left a trail of blood.

Nikki didn't want to go with Gwen, but she also didn't want to go with QM.
Then, an idea popped popped into her mind. What if she and Max went to his "Secret place"? That would be a perfect plan, so she looked at Max and leaned towards his ear, "Wanna ditch this shit and go to your secret place?" She whispered, doing her best to not attract any unwanted attention, specifically from Neil and his gang.

The response she got from Max was very much expected as he replied hesitantly, "I don't think Gwen will like that." Nikki's smirk went to a scowl, " Come on! Can you at least break the rules from time to time?" She yelled, quiet enough for nobody nearby to hear, but loud enough to make her friend flinch.

Max looked around uneasily, thinking for an excuse, but surrendered to his fate eventually, "Fine, but if we get in trouble. You do the speaking." Max said sternly, receiving an eye roll from Nikki, "Okay, you distract Gwen, and I'll give you a signal for when you can stop. Okay?" The raven haired boy then smiled and saluted, "Yes sir!"

Then ran off to Gwen. But, Nobody knew that Neil and his friends were listening the whole time...
——-
Lmao, I'm not dead.