Chapter 4 - Secret Place

A soft rustle in the bushes could be heard nearby a small apple tree, "Cmon Nikki, you're so slow!" Explained the raven haired boy, "Ohmyfuckinggod can you just wait up!" Snapped the aqua haired girl, as she went out of the bushes, "there, happy now?" She groaned, brushing off some leaves from her hoodie. She looked up and saw a small apple tree in the middle of dozens of tall, pine trees.
The small apple tree had a smaller light blue house on top of it, and a ladder attached on its trunk leading to a tiny trapdoor under the small house. She looked over to Max who was already ahead of her, climbing up the ladder.

Nikki quickly ran to the ladder and started climbing it too, still panting she asked, looking up at Max, "Is this your treehouse?" She asked, getting inside the treehouse, "yeah! You like it?" He asked, entering the treehouse as he sat down on a rainbow colored rug, motioning Nikki to join him, "Yeah, but..." she noticed how concerned and hurt the raven haired boy looked, "I was wondering, If this was your 'secret place' does that mean happy slut doesn't know anything about it?" She asked, sitting down on the rug next to Max, "You mean Gwen? No, she doesn't know about this place if that was what you were asking." He answered politely, his worried look turning into a warm smile, "The other campers, David, everyone else doesn't know about this place." He chuckled, The magenta eyed female looked utterly confused, "But, how'd you make this treehouse? It's like, fuckin' twice your size"

She looked around the room, it was dusty and it had a few cobwebs in some corners.
But other than that, it emitted a cozy feeling, "Oh I didn't build it... but I renovated it." he added, putting a finger on his chin. Nikki tilted her head in confusion, much like a dog, "Then who made it?" She asked, "My friend." He replied casually, "I thought you didn't have friends." Nikki flatly added, "Oh no, I do have friends, just not from camp." He stood up and walked over to a shelf in the corner of the room, and took out a half-burned LA gear light up shoe, "What's that?" asked the female with pure curiosity.

"Oh this?"
He sat back down and put the shoe on the rug, "this belonged to my friend, Jasper!" He chirped, "I've been in this camp for as long as I can remember, but I didn't know any Casper'" she inspected the shoe and picked it up, "Jasper" Max corrected, " and he used to be in this camp, he was the one who helped me build this treehouse" the young boy smiled, but then it faded quickly, "I just wish I could communicate with him again..." he looked down and sighed, Nikki was listening the whole time while she was observing the dirty shoe, "communicate?" The aqua haired child looked at Max, "Did he, like. Leave the camp, stopped being your friend, or moved away? Or probably, died?" She rambled, snickering at the last bit of what she said.

Nikki didn't really mean anything by the last part, she was just joking around, enlightening the mood, but she made a mistake of saying it, "Oh, He was already dead." Replied the raven haired boy, smiling slightly at the reaction he got. Nikki was wide eyed, a look of concern filled her eyes, "How and what the fuck?" She said, her eyes softened up and her mouth showed a smile of awe, "I wanna meet him." She stood up, smiling, "I can't call him, he's to far away." Max sighed, and walked over to a window, looking out of it. Through the open window, he saw a sky full of stars, sprinkled on the inky black sky.

The little boy was mesmerized, because of that, he turned around and motioned Nikki to come and see. She had the same look of awe like before, "woah..." was all she could manage out of her mouth, her eyes sparkling, and her mouth wide. The young girl looked over to the little boy, "Yknow, you're not half bad. I'm glad I met you, Max boy." She smiled softly, "gee thanks, I'm glad I got a new friend like you" Max then hugged her, and realized how much she didn't like getting touched. He looked up his face filled with worry, but he didn't see her frowning.

Instead, it was the opposite, she even returned the hug, "Thanks, Nikki" he nuzzled into her soft, aqua green hair, "No problem, jackass." She ruffled his fluffy, black hair, finding little leaves inside. The female quietly chuckled and looked down at Max, who looked tired, and was still hugging Nikki, half asleep, "let's go back to camp, M'sure if we don't return sooner, We'd find missing posters of ourselves." She joked, earning a small giggle from the younger child, "Yeah, I'm pretty tired. Let's go..." mumbled the small boy as Nikki lifted him up, carrying him down the ladders, walking back to camp.
————
I'M SO, SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER CAME OUT LATER THAN EXPECTED! I'm just so busy with school and exams. Sooo yeah! Here's the new chapter, and I changed my mind.... Nikki has befriended Max, and now Max has a new friend! I may, or may not have sprinkled some Makki in here... but, I like to see Nikki as a sister figure to Max. I'm also very, very sorry if this chapter was less detailed than the others, but hey! It's very long! Anyways, any criticism is appreciated! And just know, this AU does NOT belong to me! 'Kay? Bye, see y'all in the next chapter!

Edit: I just fixed some minor mistakes n stuff, haha.

Edit 2: I forgot Chucky was a person to Max