Chapter 6 - Pudding Cup

The beaming sun rose up to the sky, distributing light across the small camp. Causing the lake near the camp to glisten like a diamond. All of the campers were still fast asleep inside their tents. Except a small, raven haired boy, who was up and  still rubbing their eyes after a good night's slumber.
Realizing that he wasn't alone on his cot, he pulled down the blanket and saw a young girl with aqua green hair, still asleep on the cot.
The young male simply smiled softly and got off the bed, walking up to the tent entrance to see the sun rise up. It was a relaxing sight to see for Max, a combination of purple, orange, and yellow, mixed in the sky like a painting. The moon still visible, yet a bit faint, sunk down to make room for the sun.
The daylight hit the small boy as he left the tent to feel the warmth of the light. He then stopped and looked down at his clothes, still the same like yesterday, probably dirty since he slept with it. Walking into the tent and grabbing his spare clothes, Max thought it would be a good idea to start the day by hitting the showers.
***
A few moments later, the young raven haired boy finished bathing and walked out of the showers, already changed into his new clothes, walked towards his tent to check if his friend, Nikki, was already awake.
When Max checked inside his tent, he saw that Nikki wasn't awake yet, so that gave him an opportunity to wake her himself. The small child smiled cheekily and climbed onto the cot his friend was on, and started jumping up and down on the cot repeating the words, "Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake Up!" Over, and over again.
Like what he did with his parents when he wanted to wake them up, sadly, it never ended well when they were woken up early, and didn't have enough sleep. Max would always get a punishment afterwards, but that never stopped him from doing it. It was as if he wanted a death wish.
His reminiscing was interrupted by a now awake Nikki who was moaning and covering her ears with the pillow her head was on, "Five more minutes...." she groaned, her words were still clear enough to hear, even if they were muffled by the pillow that was covering her head, "Five more minutes? Pffft, not on my watch!" Max exclaimed, jumping onto Nikki and shaking her with all his might, "Wake Up!" He yelled, still shaking the poor aqua haired female, "Fine! Fine! I'm up, Just stop shaking me!" Snapped the young girl, grabbing the little boy's arm and pushing it away, "Good! Lets eat, I'm starving!" Said the raven haired boy, rubbing his stomach to indicate his hunger, "What time is it anyway?" Nikki said groggily, "4:35" Max replied with pride, now putting his hands against his hips, "You fucking woke me up... AT 4:35?!" Yelled Nikki, making Max wince, "I for one think that is great, sleeping too long is bad for you." He said calmly, raising his index finger.
She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed in frustration, "Lets just get this over with..." she sighed, jumping down the cot and grabbing her dark red hoodie and putting it on, "Aren't you gonna take a shower?" Max asked, his face showing a confused expression, "No, I'm going to spend the day without taking a shower" Nikki answered sarcastically, she could already see her friend's disgusted expression, "Of course I am gonna take a shower!" Yelled the aqua haired female, raising her arms up in exaggeration, "I don't get it..." Said Max obliviously, following Nikki out of the tent, towards the showers.
***
The young boy sat on one of the seats in the mess hall, waiting for his aqua haired friend to finish bathing. To pass the time, he went to the Quartermaster's store in curiosity, nobody has ever went there except the QuarterMaster himself. But Max just wanted a little peek, to his surprise, it was unknowingly unlocked.
The little boy saw all kids of weird shit, that was the reason why he was now in the room, rummaging inside the boxes, and taking note of everything there with his notebook that he suddenly carries around. Writing down some details not to forget, like:

*a box of Barbie dolls that looks like I shouldn't touch, next to a pile of books...

*another box filled with 'just hair', I can see a chunk of aqua green hair, some black hair (very familiar), and more colors.